s55b30 swap of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s55b30 swap of the future

So im sure someone out here is contemplating the s55b30 swap of the future, esp since it bmw has gone back to a straight six. Im sure at some point someone is going to pull the trigger and take a dive at. where can I find some tech data to see if it will fit " " im sure the wiring will be a complete ; and looking at the cooling system that going to be squeeze on top of that the exhaust manifolds look like they will get in the way esp since they have the two turbos on them esp that lower down pipe.
    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

I've fitted a N55 into E36 without much effort, it has a single turbo so it clears everything. As I look at S55 turbo configuration, I can imagine one can build custom downpipes to clear subframe. If I could fit N55 into E36, one could fit S55 with some extra manufacturing in E30.

Comment

how close is the n55 cooling system to that of the s55, because the one on the s55 looks completely bastardize compared to anything Ive ever seen with a turbo. it looks like the went WRX style placing one on top of the motor and then one on left.

What motor mounts did you end up using with the n55?

Comment

cooling system is very similar. You are talking big now. You will not see S55 for sale for another 5 years, even then you have to buy the whole car to have all the correct parts for it.
        Might as well stop dreaming

edit 5 years later ---->
        Last edited by DesertBMW; 07-26-2019, 07:04 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
          cooling system is very similar. You are talking big now. You will not see S55 for sale for another 5 years, even then you have to buy the whole car to have all the correct parts for it.
          idk you never know who will have a totaled car from the back. being able to afford it will be another story. dreaming it what makes have of this stuff possible on top of having the gumption to attempt it, with careful measuring and several failed attempts. if i had the money i would love to be on top of doing this swap.

Comment

hi, welcome to this forum site here you can find lots of things ...
            ----------------------
            Top Ten classified website

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
              It has been done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory1970 View Post
                It has been done now.
                yes exactly when I said it 5 years later

Comment

the s55 easily outpowers the F80 chassis, makes no sense putting it into an e30 unless all you want to do is skid
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

And have engine failures prematurely
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Video describing that s55 swap M3, the tuner goes really in depth.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgg8a4vMIlc
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
                      X