Help with partial s50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with partial s50 swap

Hello, I've recently got an s50 swapped e30 however the harness is cut and missing the maf sensor and iacv. I've got a new harness and adapter from an m50 and am looking for help on where all the sensors are located that need to be plugged in on the s50. If there is a good list or diagram of what needs to be plugged in and where it would be helpfully. The cut harness is still installed and labeled so it helps but some stuff is missing, just hooked up enough to start the engine.

Also I got the intake solution solved just unsure what hoses I need for the idle air control valve as the engine was missing it when I got it.

Originally posted by rwarden90 View Post
    Hello, I've recently got an s50 swapped e30 however the harness is cut and missing the maf sensor and iacv. I've got a new harness and adapter from an m50 and am looking for help on where all the sensors are located that need to be plugged in on the s50. If there is a good list or diagram of what needs to be plugged in and where it would be helpfully. The cut harness is still installed and labeled so it helps but some stuff is missing, just hooked up enough to start the engine.

Also I got the intake solution solved just unsure what hoses I need for the idle air control valve as the engine was missing it when I got it.
    here is a simple way to see the ICV
    BMW M50 Silicone ICV Hose Kit – RallyRoad

and harness

M50/52 & S50/52 harness diagram simplified - R3VLimited Forums

Comment

Thanks appreciate the diagrams. I feel like im goin in blind since im unsure where all the sensors are located and where the lines off the adapter plug into. Ive been gathering diagrams like the ones you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by rwarden90 View Post
        Thanks appreciate the diagrams. I feel like im goin in blind since im unsure where all the sensors are located and where the lines off the adapter plug into. Ive been gathering diagrams like the ones you posted.
        no problem...
        like they say once you lay it out you can tell where most of them go...I just did my M50 so its still fresh in my head

Comment

If you lay out the harness and look at the configuration of each connector it is not too hard to figure out. some of the sensors will only plug in to one harness connector and the rest you should be able to figure out

Comment

Working...
          X