Bmw e30 m50 swap no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw e30 m50 swap no start

I cracked the head on my m42 so i decided to do a engine swap, and i cant get the first start for the life of me. I've been trying to diagnose my no start for literally over 30 hours now, I'm very stumped at this point. I have a 1991 e30 with a m50 from a 1995 325i. I have spark and crank but no injector fire. Fuel is at the rail, Crank sensor tested good, tach doesn't move while cranking, car sputers with starting fluid, red and white wire has power on injector harness, ecu has power, tried multiple red label non ews ecus, checked and replaced questionable grounds, inline fuse was replaced and is good, harness adaptor was ordered pre made but i checked it to make sure its right, main relay clicks and activates fuel pump relay. I'm out of ideas. PLEASE any help is appreciated

Is the fuel pump wired back wards? How much fuel pressure (psi) is at the rail?

Comment

• Check fuel pressure at the rail.
      • Make sure the fuel lines going into the rail are oriented correctly.
      • Use a noid light (rented from any auto store) to check to see if the fuel injectors are getting signal.
      • Check each injector on your dining room table with a 12V battery: tap the terminals with little power/ground wires (make sure you do this with the correct polarity) and listen for the clicking of the solenoid in the injector.

I had a similar problem with a no-start. My issue was the injectors we stuck closed, after having been cleaned (the cleaner solidified, how ironic).

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Nbecker100 View Post
        I cracked the head on my m42 so i decided to do a engine swap, and i cant get the first start for the life of me. I've been trying to diagnose my no start for literally over 30 hours now, I'm very stumped at this point. I have a 1991 e30 with a m50 from a 1995 325i. I have spark and crank but no injector fire. Fuel is at the rail, Crank sensor tested good, tach doesn't move while cranking, car sputers with starting fluid, red and white wire has power on injector harness, ecu has power, tried multiple red label non ews ecus, checked and replaced questionable grounds, inline fuse was replaced and is good, harness adaptor was ordered pre made but i checked it to make sure its right, main relay clicks and activates fuel pump relay. I'm out of ideas. PLEASE any help is appreciated
        Did you ever find the solution? Im having the same problem.

Comment

Working...
        X