FBO M50b25, Should I add Dinan BBTB and Euro MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBO M50b25, Should I add Dinan BBTB and Euro MAF

I have a 2.5 M50 in my E30 with tune, 21.5 injectors, and shorty headers. I'm planning on setting up some kind of cold air intake drawing either from the front of car or from louvres or scoop on hood. I happen to have a Dinan BBTB and 3.5" euro MAF, and TRM makes a tune that would work. Just wondering if anyone has that size intake on a 2.5? I can't think of any possible drawbacks. I have an FBO S50 with that intake and every little bit helps and overall makes a huge difference. I already have the parts so figure why not.

most blank the high beam light and use that space. look at most turbo intake set ups. louvres or a scoop would look sorta odd cosmetically, but you might be able to pull it off decent.

Comment

I'm planning on louvres ideally, and I mean the old school pressed ones where you pay a shop per louvre. Plenty of oem BMW air intake boxes that would work with modification. Deleting a headlight and putting the inlet there would only possibly benefit a turbo or fully built engine, and there would still be a 3 foot intake pipe from inlet to TB that would require insulation. I'm gonna try to go for shortest route possible. Intake air as cold as possible def makes a difference. I'll probably get to it in next few months. Got so many parts stashed I just wanna put em to use or sell em, and selling stuff online nowadays sucks.

Comment

Working...
      X