Hey all, trying to troubleshoot some issues on my car. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.
1. P0340 Code (cam position sensor)
They are NLA from BMW, so I wanted to check if there was any chance this could be a wiring problem rather than an issue with the sensor internals? Wiring looked fine as far as I could tell. Also, are VDO sensors any good? Couldn't find any writeups to test the plug or sensor.
2. P0111 Code (intake air sensor range/performance problem)
Checked resistance at the sensor, 5k ohm in air, 3.8k ohm in my hand. Checked voltage at the plug, 5.2V. OBD scanner always reads -40C regardless of ignition on/engine on, plugged in/not, whatever. Figure it's a cheap enough sensor to replace as is, but could this possibly be a DME issue? Or maybe I plugged it into the wrong plug? (Although the plug was zip tied to the throttle position sensor plug, so I'm not sure about that)
3. Throttle is super sticky only when engine is on
It feels like there is some resistance in the pedal when the engine is on. Makes it really hard to lightly tap the gas to do light acceleration from a stop. I made it somewhat better by letting out all the slack in the adjustment screw, but it is still hard to drive. Throttle actuates fine by hand when it is on, and I've tried scrubbing the bore with some throttle body cleaner with no luck.
I'm using an E34 cable (35411160609) with the OBD2 S52 throttle body (on the throttle body's lower cable mounting hole, used for cruise control usualls, as the bracket that holds the throttle cable stop was snapped off when I got it). Tried moving the cable around, but I can't find much better routing. Currently going under the master cylinder and up into the throttle body bracket, making a big U. Should I try a different cable, or is there a different routing or adjustment I haven't tried yet?
Thanks in advance.
1. P0340 Code (cam position sensor)
They are NLA from BMW, so I wanted to check if there was any chance this could be a wiring problem rather than an issue with the sensor internals? Wiring looked fine as far as I could tell. Also, are VDO sensors any good? Couldn't find any writeups to test the plug or sensor.
2. P0111 Code (intake air sensor range/performance problem)
Checked resistance at the sensor, 5k ohm in air, 3.8k ohm in my hand. Checked voltage at the plug, 5.2V. OBD scanner always reads -40C regardless of ignition on/engine on, plugged in/not, whatever. Figure it's a cheap enough sensor to replace as is, but could this possibly be a DME issue? Or maybe I plugged it into the wrong plug? (Although the plug was zip tied to the throttle position sensor plug, so I'm not sure about that)
3. Throttle is super sticky only when engine is on
It feels like there is some resistance in the pedal when the engine is on. Makes it really hard to lightly tap the gas to do light acceleration from a stop. I made it somewhat better by letting out all the slack in the adjustment screw, but it is still hard to drive. Throttle actuates fine by hand when it is on, and I've tried scrubbing the bore with some throttle body cleaner with no luck.
I'm using an E34 cable (35411160609) with the OBD2 S52 throttle body (on the throttle body's lower cable mounting hole, used for cruise control usualls, as the bracket that holds the throttle cable stop was snapped off when I got it). Tried moving the cable around, but I can't find much better routing. Currently going under the master cylinder and up into the throttle body bracket, making a big U. Should I try a different cable, or is there a different routing or adjustment I haven't tried yet?
Thanks in advance.
