DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
    If you have a 318is... You didn't need to buy any lines. Your low side a/c line should fit the compressor on the 24v swap compressor. Don't see why you bought a new e36 low side line when the routing on the metal part is all wrong.
    ey dude, the 318is lines are too short so no the low side doesn't work, i would still have to extend it. the high pressure side will work even though you keep saying its all wrong, there will be somewhat of a u-turn for the a/c line but it will still work. i will try to find a shop mid-week that can crimp the lines for me. i will agree however that the angle is a bit difficult to work with but im not about to just throw away the money that i spent on the a/c hose especially since its already cut up. if i had the time to go a junk yard and pick out the correct a/c line then i would do so. i already spent a fucking month waiting for the god damn seller to ship the a/c line to me. so yeh like i said, it will still work even though the angle of that line is a bit aggressive. i will definitely take pictures once its all said and done.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

And easier alternative if you wanted to get a lowside a/c to connect to your condensor, would be the a/c line from an e34 with a m50.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
        And easier alternative if you wanted to get a lowside a/c to connect to your condensor, would be the a/c line from an e34 with a m50.
        fuck, you know i didn't think of that. im going to see what the e34 lines look like.

looks like i would still have to cut it and reposition it so that it could reach the condensor.
        Last edited by dude8383; 08-17-2009, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Does any company make conversion lines for a/c? Just curious.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
            Does any company make conversion lines for a/c? Just curious.

Thanks
            zionsville does for $200 or $250 or something

Comment

Know what the typical A/C repair place charges for custom lines?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                you guys can use your stock e30 lines:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79355
                So I got these adapters, and I was impressed until I found out the low line doesn't screw up to the compressor adapters. The E30 side is too large of diameter for it. The line from the condensor to the compressor is perfect but the other just isn't large enough.

Did anyone else try this method and face this problem as well?

Thanks
                Wade

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
                  So I got these adapters, and I was impressed until I found out the low line doesn't screw up to the compressor adapters. The E30 side is too large of diameter for it. The line from the condensor to the compressor is perfect but the other just isn't large enough.

Did anyone else try this method and face this problem as well?

Thanks
                  Wade
                  You know, I had the same issue...the dude simply started from the correct size clamp, then went down a size. Doesn't seem to be leaking but I know I have a leak somewhere else b/c the system lost its charge within a day...ultimate FAIL.

If I remember, I'll try to snap a pic of it over the weekend. I gotta get to a shop and have them run some dye through the system to figure where the hell the leak is.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                    You know, I had the same issue...the dude simply started from the correct size clamp, then went down a size. Doesn't seem to be leaking but I know I have a leak somewhere else b/c the system lost its charge within a day...ultimate FAIL.

If I remember, I'll try to snap a pic of it over the weekend. I gotta get to a shop and have them run some dye through the system to figure where the hell the leak is.

Cool! Let me know ASAP, I am in Phoenix and summer is approaching!!

Comment

Took some pics:

Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks dude, that's interesting. I think I might do what that other guy did in the E30tech thread and find another low line and weld the smaller diameter end where the line connects to the compressor and see how that works. I'll post pics later!

Comment

just bumping this because i am finally tackleing this and cant figure out which line to use from condensor to compressor. I have the compressor to bulkhead done but the other line has me guessing. Btw i am using the splices.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                            just bumping this because i am finally tackleing this and cant figure out which line to use from condensor to compressor. I have the compressor to bulkhead done but the other line has me guessing. Btw i am using the splices.
                            Try the 318i line from compressor to condensor. It may just fit.

Comment

So I am about to install everything this weekend and I was wondering... Is it necessary to clean the lines out with some sort of solution? I ran some air with my compressor through them but I am sure that can only be so effective...

Oh and does anyone know the torque spec for the crank pulley bolts?

Comment

So who has gone the route that was mentioned on E30tech?

I'm tempted to do this because I finally got around to running the dye through the system and I honestly don't feel like having someone weld aluminum for me again. I feel like it will leak again :(

So I think I need this:

For this one what do you think I should get?

Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X