No announcement yet.

DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since everyone has been so helpful and all... I decided to just order the fittings anyway.

I purchased:

http://www.docsblocks.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AT012 - 3 FT

Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I ordered the right fitting's...in terms of orientation.

I'll post pics when I receive the parts and after I get the stuff crimped.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Subscribed
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I've got all the fittings, will likely go the shop to get them crimped sometime next week.

Comment

A/c

Dude, how did the parts you ordered work, was it clear cut or alot of just mix match game? I too have found that on here you dont get much help, sorry.
          Many soldiers go unknown.... You will never be forgotten SSG. Matt Mauphin, SPC. Juan S. Restrepo and all past and to come

Comment

I followed another thread on e30tech that documented the process for the lines.

The first batch was trail and error really. I bought the wrong line and then modified it to fit but the welding just wasn't solid enough so the freon started to leak.

The items that I ordered above I haven't installed yet because it hasn't been hot enough to warrant another trip to the shop. BUT I will definitely get it done sometime in the spring.

Comment

I picked up a e36 compressor to condensor hose to do this DIY, but the hose i have doesnt seem to be the same as the one used here. The one i have comes off the compressor and bends straight down between the block and the passenger engine bay rail.

All the hoses i have seen for the e36 are like mine and are not semi straight like the one pictured here.

What do i have wrong here?

thanks.

Comment

The low pressure line was an e36 line as well as the high side... however mine was cut and modified to fit... which is why it doesn't look anything like yours.

If yours is steel you can get it bent to shape and re-welded at a shop that is capable.

Comment

Just as a heads up, when I did my swap and got the AC working, it was only about 100bucks at Napa to get the fittings welded for the proper hose size (mine were all mismatched, so splicers wouldnt work) and set up with all new hose, custom fit to my specifications. took about 2 days to get them fabricated.

Get the fittings for the compressor, cut to clear the frame rail and have the barb ends welded on and use new hose. should be good for another 20+ years
                  I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me..
                    (oo=[][]=oo)
                    Web Design PNW

Comment

Originally posted by r4esh View Post
                      Sounds like a good deal to me..
                      I was expecting a hell of a lot more to be honest, hell the lines from BMW are more than that for stock. I just threw this out there, its a lot less pain in the ass than getting splicers or blocks, and still having 25yr old lines that are liable to blow at any time, negating all the other work.
                      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

ScottinAZ. thanks for the tip. i think i will go your route rather than crimp them. I never knew Napa did that sort of thing. Hopefully the people at my Napa will know how to accomplish this.

Comment

Any other updates or solutions out there?

Comment

bumpity bump bump

Comment

For anybody have an '87 24v swap running A/C, how did you wire up the compressor signal to the DME to avoid the hunting idle??? I have everything hooked up and the A/C blows cold... only problem is that the ECU isn't aware of the additional load on the engine & the idle bounces like crazy for a bit when you shift into neutral and let off the gas...

Any help here will be MUCH appreciated!!
                              '87 Delphin OBDI S52, 5-lug 325is-SOLD
                              '81 CJ-7 w/ SBC 350 conversion

A.D.D. mastermind...

Comment

clarkbmw325is,

Try this...

Comment

Working...
                                X