DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • phreshkid
    replied
    bless your heart kind sir.
    you just possibly made all of our california summers a little bit less sweaty.

    you are the man!

    Leave a comment:


  • jahnaboi
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    do you already have the lines?

    to anyone else that is going to tackle this project, would you mind taking closer pics of the bmw a/c fittings?
    Yes. I had the lines since the beginning of my project. Luckily the motor I purchased came with them.

    Bmw a/c fittings? In comparison of the e36 fittings?

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    does any one have the a/c wiring info for the conversion? what pins on the dme side to you need to splice into, if any? also a/c clutch signal on? and also the fan control?

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by jahnaboi
    ^ - Seriously. Just ordered the splicers. Hopefully will be getting them soon.
    do you already have the lines?

    to anyone else that is going to tackle this project, would you mind taking closer pics of the bmw a/c fittings?

    Leave a comment:


  • jahnaboi
    replied
    ^ - Seriously. Just ordered the splicers. Hopefully will be getting them soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Thanks Chuck! Hopefully I'll have some cold AC this summer!

    Leave a comment:


  • hugh jass
    replied
    thats awesome man thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    good stuff, thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    I might try this when I get home. Good job!

    Leave a comment:


  • trackbball21
    replied
    Thanks for the DIY! This helps out tremendously

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Wow that was really well done.

    Leave a comment:


  • lifeiskaos
    replied
    i will be doing this for sure. thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Uber E30
    replied
    After many requests, here is a DIY for making custom A/C lines for your E30 DOHC swap. I started with the E30 lines from the body and the compressor fittings/hoses from an E36. The task at hand is mating these hoses to connect the compressor to the E30 system.

    To start, you need to order 2 spicers as such:



    Here are the part #'s and link to the webpages.

    #10 to #12 Splicer is Part # 1758. Price $4.48
    which is found on this page near the bottom:
    盛世公司『电话』18388987031『微信』—zd996997— 盛世有限公司注册与开户流程-『QQ』—3996637152— 【盛世公司-直属联系方式】【24小时在线的】【公司直属客服】【公司直属开户】


    #8 to #8 Splicer is Part # 225500 / 1748. Price is $3.06
    which is found on this page near the bottom:
    盛世公司『电话』18388987031『微信』—zd996997— 盛世有限公司注册与开户流程-『QQ』—3996637152— 【盛世公司-直属联系方式】【24小时在线的】【公司直属客服】【公司直属开户】


    The E36 Line from the compressor to evaporator is larger diameter than the e30 line so you use the #10 to #12 splicer to join these two lines.





    Next you need to install the lines in your car and determine the appropriate position to install the splicer. Basically, just cut the hoses so the splicer can be installed in a straight run of hose.



    Make sure you mark the orientation of the hose and splicer. This will be important when you bring the hose to the shop to crimp the splicer onto the hose.



    To give the hose a factory look, I order some heat sleeves from summit racing. 1.25” for the longer/larger hose and 1” for the short hose.


    I then slid the tubing onto the hoses before taking to the shop for crimping. This allows you to just slide it in place once everything is crimped.



    Take the hoses as show above to the local hydraulic shop and have them use their bubble crimper to crimp the lines together….I didn’t take any pictures of this process. The shop charged me $10 to crimp do all 4 crimps.

    Here are the lines ready to be installed in the car.
    Last edited by Uber E30; 05-25-2009, 04:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChuckNE
    started a topic DIY A/C Lines

    DIY A/C Lines

    I have written a DIY for E30 DOHC A/C lines. I have it in a MS word document with pictures. Given that I am a noob to the board, can I email it to someone to post up with the pics.

    Thanks to Uber E30 for posting this up for me....
    Last edited by ChuckNE; 05-25-2009, 06:29 PM. Reason: Adding Info
Working...