DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TeXJ
    replied
    The original one I had went toward the back of the motor then down, then forward(to the side of the car). So I just looked until I found a Denso compressor that had both lines that pointed toward the side of the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • ba114
    replied
    Yeh havent been able to see any others that look to have the same type of fitting as the original e30/M40 compressor.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by ba114
    Link?
    Sold by these guys:
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/german-used...72.m2749.l2754

    Item title:
    96 97 98 99 BMW 328I 325I E36 AC COMPRESSOR DENSO OEM 64528385915
    ( 182502662566 )




    Of course it's no longer available. It was a used part.

    Leave a comment:


  • ba114
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ
    Update,

    I found a Denso compressor on eBay that had the top plate with the correct fittings, both putting up.
    Link?

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    I went to the website and sent off a message as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I sent Dave (the owner) a message as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    TRUE Automotive offers expert auto repair services with several locations in Decatur, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Atlanta, Suwanee, & Woodstock.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Red label 413ecu, is markert on here I assume?

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Could try to reach out to Markert and see if he does OBD1 stuff. What chip did the car come with? You could try contacting them...

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    can I do that from a person here on the forum or is there a better option of buying a reprogrammable chip?

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ
    How does one bump the idle? Do I need to do this with a tune/chip? I'm running obd1 red label ecu(413).
    If its OBD1 then you'd need to have the chip reflashed.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    How does one bump the idle? Do I need to do this with a tune/chip? I'm running obd1 red label ecu(413).

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    May need to bump that idle a bit so that it doesn't stall out when coming to a stop. This isn't usually a problem for me because I clutch in very close to idle (around 1000-1100rpm). I rarely coast to a stop in neutral.

    Leave a comment:


  • TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ
    Bump, looking for some updated info on this. Just bought a car and will need AC. Going to see if I can find a shop that can make me some.
    Update,

    I found a Denso compressor on eBay that had the top plate with the correct fittings, both putting up.

    Then I used the fittings to have custom lines made. Got a guy to look at it as I was getting frustrated with the fittings not fitting flush and he replaced the bolts and now it works.

    Now to see why it dies, rev hunts, while coming to a stop with the AC on, and off even.

    Leave a comment:

Working...