DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by jahnaboi
    I still don't see how that low side line is going to work unless ur routing ur line under the radiator.
    I'll get you pics of how it will look. The freakin shop that crimps a/c lines isn't open on the weekends so I'm kinda screwed unless I can find another shop around the area.

    Originally posted by lifeiskaos
    you guys can use your stock e30 lines:

    http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79355
    i have a 318is, the fittings are quite different from the ones that the person used. very nice alternative for the m20 guys though :)

    Leave a comment:


  • lifeiskaos
    replied
    you guys can use your stock e30 lines:

    Leave a comment:


  • jahnaboi
    replied
    I still don't see how that low side line is going to work unless ur routing ur line under the radiator.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by jahnaboi
    If I were you I would return that new a/c line. You have the wrong one.
    that will fit, i can bend the a/c line slightly. the fitting is exactly what i need, they don't need to be black like the o/p's.

    so i've been doing some reading and once i get the a/c lines crimped i will have to get the system flushed and then get all moisture removed before i can recharge it.

    hopefully i can find an a/c shop around here that is open late on friday's otherwise i have till noon tomorrow to get it done over the weekend.


    *EDIT* Just noticed from z31maniac



    same bend one the high (i think?) pressure line.
    Last edited by dude8383; 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jahnaboi
    replied
    If I were you I would return that new a/c line. You have the wrong one.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I have a question, how in the hell do I install the new dryer?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30Rob
    replied
    VERY NICE!!!...this needs to be sticky'd !!!

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    got my a/c lines today!!!!

    i bought one used line and ended up buying a brand new line because it would take me forever to find another set and i just can't wait another fucking week without a/c.







    Does anyone know how much oil the compressor takes?
    Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 07:42 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    Yeah it doesnt look like the E36 lines are going to match up with the e30 condensor and dryer. Maybe its R12 stuff and not compatible Any suggestions on how to fix this? E36 condensor will not fit the E30 opening.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by sharky
    on a side note what are people using for condensers? E30 or E36? Also is there a plug that goes to the E36 compressor on the E30 body harness or should I splice one in from my donor car?
    I am using an e30 condenser because i don't see the need to replace something that isn't broke :) stock e30 plug should connect with e36 compressor.


    Some progress from me:



    just got my adapters at the office, still waiting for a/c lines to come in.
    Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 07:35 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sharky
    replied
    on a side note whay are people using for condensors? E30 or E36? Also is there a plug that goes to the E36 compressor on the E30 body harness or should I splice one in from my donor car?

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s50dan
    this should be in the TECH section
    this only applies to 24v swaps.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s50dan
    replied
    this should be in the TECH section

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by bmws50b30
    i need to bother you with this when you finish your a/c. we should have the same setup.
    ha! i thought you had a/c, i just found some e36 lines and i'm waiting for the adapters to come in.

    hopefully ill have everything done by next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmws50b30
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    ohhh i forgot that the idle bumps up!! i haven't had a/c in sooo long man :(

    o/p also mentions that he didn't have any issues with the idle, im willing to take a chance to see what happens and if it is an issue then i will have no other choice but to address it. for now though, i just want cold air to circulate.
    i need to bother you with this when you finish your a/c. we should have the same setup.

    Leave a comment:

Working...