DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clarkbmw325is
    replied
    For anybody have an '87 24v swap running A/C, how did you wire up the compressor signal to the DME to avoid the hunting idle??? I have everything hooked up and the A/C blows cold... only problem is that the ECU isn't aware of the additional load on the engine & the idle bounces like crazy for a bit when you shift into neutral and let off the gas...

    Any help here will be MUCH appreciated!!

    Leave a comment:


  • brianao34
    replied
    bumpity bump bump

    Leave a comment:


  • brianao34
    replied
    Any other updates or solutions out there?

    Leave a comment:


  • drez14
    replied
    Thanks for the help guys!

    ScottinAZ. thanks for the tip. i think i will go your route rather than crimp them. I never knew Napa did that sort of thing. Hopefully the people at my Napa will know how to accomplish this.

    Leave a comment:


  • scottinAZ
    replied
    Originally posted by r4esh
    Sounds like a good deal to me..
    I was expecting a hell of a lot more to be honest, hell the lines from BMW are more than that for stock. I just threw this out there, its a lot less pain in the ass than getting splicers or blocks, and still having 25yr old lines that are liable to blow at any time, negating all the other work.

    Leave a comment:


  • r4esh
    replied
    Sounds like a good deal to me..

    Leave a comment:


  • scottinAZ
    replied
    Just as a heads up, when I did my swap and got the AC working, it was only about 100bucks at Napa to get the fittings welded for the proper hose size (mine were all mismatched, so splicers wouldnt work) and set up with all new hose, custom fit to my specifications. took about 2 days to get them fabricated.

    Get the fittings for the compressor, cut to clear the frame rail and have the barb ends welded on and use new hose. should be good for another 20+ years

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    The low pressure line was an e36 line as well as the high side... however mine was cut and modified to fit... which is why it doesn't look anything like yours.

    If yours is steel you can get it bent to shape and re-welded at a shop that is capable.

    Leave a comment:


  • drez14
    replied
    I picked up a e36 compressor to condensor hose to do this DIY, but the hose i have doesnt seem to be the same as the one used here. The one i have comes off the compressor and bends straight down between the block and the passenger engine bay rail.

    All the hoses i have seen for the e36 are like mine and are not semi straight like the one pictured here.


    What do i have wrong here?

    thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I followed another thread on e30tech that documented the process for the lines.

    The first batch was trail and error really. I bought the wrong line and then modified it to fit but the welding just wasn't solid enough so the freon started to leak.

    The items that I ordered above I haven't installed yet because it hasn't been hot enough to warrant another trip to the shop. BUT I will definitely get it done sometime in the spring.

    Leave a comment:


  • kermugit
    replied
    A/c

    Dude, how did the parts you ordered work, was it clear cut or alot of just mix match game? I too have found that on here you dont get much help, sorry.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I've got all the fittings, will likely go the shop to get them crimped sometime next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Subscribed

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Well since everyone has been so helpful and all... I decided to just order the fittings anyway.

    I purchased:

    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

    http://www.docsblocks.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AT012 - 3 FT
    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!


    Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I ordered the right fitting's...in terms of orientation.

    I'll post pics when I receive the parts and after I get the stuff crimped.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    So who has gone the route that was mentioned on E30tech?

    I'm tempted to do this because I finally got around to running the dye through the system and I honestly don't feel like having someone weld aluminum for me again. I feel like it will leak again :(



    So I think I need this:

    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!


    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!




    For this one what do you think I should get?





    This website is for sale! docsblocks.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, docsblocks.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Last edited by dude8383; 02-07-2011, 07:48 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...