Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmwfan52
    replied
    getrag 260 shitfter

Originally posted by smooth View Post
    Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.
    I wouldn't mind replacing the getrag because second gea wont engage unless revved high or i force it in gear.

I need to check the shifter linkage, I might have gotten it welded too short and its not reaching the gear possibly?

pm me with price please

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    Are you looking for a ZF tranny? I have an extra one. I'm down in SD.

Leave a comment:

• bmwfan52
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    Some can't afford it. Others just like the g260 better.

Personal preference, i think. Just wondering why you're going with the zf
    with the 260 you have to bust your ass making or buying brace fabricating selector rod, have you shifter leaning like a limp noodle.smashing the center console when shifting to fifth.

use the same tranny as the engine, i did the 260 for the weight reduction and regret it. this time im taking the wise route

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
    I keep trying the first site but says "not found"
    Already fixed this in the post literally right above yours but here ya go - http://e30dohc-swap.wikia.com/wiki/E30DOHC_Swap_Wikia#

Leave a comment:

• TheWipprSnappr
    replied
    I keep trying the first site but says "not found"

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30325is603 View Post
    the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?
    http://e30dohc-swap.wikia.com/wiki/E30DOHC_Swap_Wikia#

Leave a comment:

• e30325is603
    replied
    the wiki link is no good any more? is there a new version or is it gone forever?

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    Youre right, it has to be for an e36 328/M3 DSSR. I just placed an order from ECS Tuning.

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    I believe it has to match the transmission.

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    I was multitasking earlier and my question did not come out right. I meant to say, what year car should I order for the swap I have? 98 M3, 97 528, e30, or uuc sell a special made for this particular swap? Im guessing regular e30, just wanted to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• smooth
    replied
    I made mine custom but I think the UUC should work fine if you have the funds for it.

Leave a comment:

• woc
    replied
    I have the m50 swapped. Now Im installing the ZF320 Trans, but I want to get the z shifter and add the UUC DssR, so which DssR do I get?

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    just FYI guys, Wiki is down, Was going to look at something on there, it's not up anymore. some kind of site error.

Leave a comment:

• JRKOUPE
    replied
    JG is right

"...You could literally spend anywhere from $300 to $10k+."...

this thread is kinda silly.....people pay what the job is worth to them. No matter how ez it seems.....there are so many swaps that are just hacked.

GL in getting it done.......when done well,,,,youll love it.

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by Good_Livn View Post
    I can compare only to what I have experienced. The absolute max I would pay is $2500 and thats pushing it; but needless to say I need this completed this summer before I head back to school. I currently have all the parts I need to complete the swap but being how straight forward this job is I would have never thought to have gotten quote so high.
    Like Joel said, it completely depends. You haven't provided nearly enough info for anyone to even begin to estimate what a shop would charge. What parts are you using, who's sourcing the parts, does everything need cleaned up/repainted, does the engine need resealed and if so who's doing it and what parts are being used, what exhaust are you planning, etc... You could literally spend anywhere from $300 to $10k+.

There's people who toss in a junkyard engine in a weekend by themselves without buying a single new part, there's others who take it to a shop and have them replace every last seal, nut, bolt, clip, and spend lots of time on proper fabrication, wiring, etc...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X