Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxBell
    replied
    Question about the wiring.

I'm looking at the schematic and I see a "C101". Like this:

Then when I'm looking at the M50 diagram I see an "X20" under the same topic. (charging)

So, does this mean that those two wires have to be spliced together?

I take it we're trying to retain the plug and not hack up the body harness? Like this:

Last edited by MaxBell; 09-10-2011, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    don't know if this was ever added:

Wiki says that 944 booster has a 10mm shaft, but it's actually 12mm and has to be modified just like e21 ones.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Point me in the right direction. There's an extra plug next to x20 plug (ABS?). Can I remove it?

Leave a comment:

• green
    replied
    Originally posted by mohamadr89 View Post
    i just bought the akg ecu wiring harness to make things easier and cleaner since im not good at electrical. i do have a question though, i was told if you are doing a s50 swap you dont really need a new booster, you can just move your stock booster over to the right a little more... is this true???? because i only heard it from one person.
    Brake booster-

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Who wouldn't rather have a zf?
    Some can't afford it. Others just like the g260 better.

Personal preference, i think. Just wondering why you're going with the zf

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Somebody please answer this question! When doing. S50 /zf swap, is it easier to use e36 m3 drive shaft or stock e30 driveshaft?
    You have to use the drive shaft that matches the transmission.

Please use the search function.

Leave a comment:

• mohamadr89
    replied
    Who wouldn't rather have a zf?

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Somebody please answer this question! When doing. S50 /zf swap, is it easier to use e36 m3 drive shaft or stock e30 driveshaft?
    Any reason you're going with the zf and not a g260?

Leave a comment:

• mohamadr89
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mohamadr89
    replied
    i just bought the akg ecu wiring harness to make things easier and cleaner since im not good at electrical. i do have a question though, i was told if you are doing a s50 swap you dont really need a new booster, you can just move your stock booster over to the right a little more... is this true???? because i only heard it from one person.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.SWISS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
    Yea, just post here, if you have more questions i suppose

Originally posted by highoutput View Post
    OK! one more question!
    I've almost finished my wiring......except for 2 things. I used the wiring breakdown someone posted on this site, VERY HELPFUL! It lists 85-84 325i. However my car was a 318i, but it seems to be almost identical.
    Anyway, I'm not using the connector from the E36 harness....cause I dont have the body side of the connector.
    Everything seems to be fairly easy to understand BUT.....

1- On my 318 harness, I have 2 separate wires for the fuel pump, and the O2 sensor relay.......on the new E36 harness, they're both on the same wire and relay. Do you guys just run the two off the same wire on the new harness?

2- My old 318, had one wire for the "coolant temp sender". The new E36 harness has 2, one for the "engine temp" and one for "Engine coolant temp" so..........

Any help would be great....even a link
    Thanks
    M10 or M42?
    Hick posted this form an m10 -m20 swap a while ago...
    Pin Number - Rectangular C101 -- Round C101 - Pin Number
    1 - Blue -- Blue [X2] - 1
    2 - Blue/Purple -- Blue/Yellow - 2
    4 - Brown/White -- Purple/Brown - 4
    6 - Green/Yellow -- Green/Yellow - 6
    7 - Green/Purple -- Purple/Red - 13
    8 - Black/Yellow -- Black/Yellow[X2] - 18
    10 - Green -- Green - 7
    15 - Blue/White -- Purple/Green - 10
    16 - Brown/Green -- Black/Brown - 5
    17 - Blue/White -- Blue/White - 11

*There are TWO Blue/White wires on the Rectangular C101 Plug. The smaller gauge wire is to pin 17.*
    **Pin 16 on the Round C101 plug is not used**

Leave a comment:

• highoutput
    replied
    OK! one more question!
    I've almost finished my wiring......except for 2 things. I used the wiring breakdown someone posted on this site, VERY HELPFUL! It lists 85-84 325i. However my car was a 318i, but it seems to be almost identical.
    Anyway, I'm not using the connector from the E36 harness....cause I dont have the body side of the connector.
    Everything seems to be fairly easy to understand BUT.....

1- On my 318 harness, I have 2 separate wires for the fuel pump, and the O2 sensor relay.......on the new E36 harness, they're both on the same wire and relay. Do you guys just run the two off the same wire on the new harness?

2- My old 318, had one wire for the "coolant temp sender". The new E36 harness has 2, one for the "engine temp" and one for "Engine coolant temp" so..........

Any help would be great....even a link
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• EduardoGomez
    replied
    My M50 swap with A/T A4S310R

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    "325i" doesn't specify e30 or e36. If e30, yes, it needs cut down to clear the pan.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Extraordinarily helpful thread!

One question though that I didn't see in the first link; I'm going to be using a motor from a 92 525i, so the oil pan etc is all taken care of already. Do I need to modify my flywheel at all if I plan on using my 325i transmission/clutch?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X