No announcement yet.

Driveshaft help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah just to confirm, it works and the driveshaft is NOT at any weird angle after tightening everything up. The larger "hump" on the CSB is towards the driverside which is the way it is mounted on an e30 according to bentley. I really don't know what all this "backwards" shit is about
    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
      I really don't know what all this "backwards" shit is about
      Depending on what tranny/DS you use, its required to mount the CSB backwards with some setups. I was just confirming you had it on the right way for your setup.
      -Alex

Comment

Oh alright, got ya. That makes sense.
        Transaction Feedback!

Comment

here it is mounted same orientation as stock, with E36 M3 driveshaft, it LOOKS like it would lineup better backwards, but i have found nothing wrong with it being normal orientation, car runs and drives smooth.

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Matt it appears that it IS mounted backwards... the larger hump is on the passenger side, when it is mounted driver side in an e30
            Transaction Feedback!

Comment

hmm, well, that setup works ;) zf320 tranny
              Last edited by MattM; 10-15-2009, 06:41 PM.

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Well this thread goes back and forth a few times. I'm going to share my experience.

The pictures posted before are of a backwards CSB. This is the correct way to install it. I'm using a Getrag 240 with a backwards e30 CSB and it lines up fairly well. Putting the CSB on forwards would have put it at a much worse angle. Pic:

Since both ujoints are behind the CSB, it is important to keep the front half of the driveshaft as straight as possible, for your guibo's sake ;)

Comment

Working...
                X