M50NV Idle drops on deceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    literally the PCV hose won't fit on the nipple. It's torn and too short now.

The IM, being plastic, seems a bit distorted, so it might be boning up the IM gasket-to-head contact. I should also mention that I'm not yet running an O2 sensor..
    Running no O2 sensor majorly ruined my idle. I had a significant throb once warm that was like harmonic with the car or something so it rocked back and forth hard. New O2 sensor and it quit, then replaced a missing vac line and it smoothed out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerrath View Post
      Running no O2 sensor majorly ruined my idle. I had a significant throb once warm that was like harmonic with the car or something so it rocked back and forth hard. New O2 sensor and it quit, then replaced a missing vac line and it smoothed out more.
      Seriously? I was getting a little worried about that, there's also a certain rpm that it will sort of "throb" at around 2k if it's in neutral, almost like the flywheel is out of balance. I'm going to reserve judgement on that one until after I sort stuff out. I'll get the O2 sensor working but a lot of my vacuum lines are new--all the ones that were worn, at least. It's just that one PCV line that broke when the engine was being pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Seriously? I was getting a little worried about that, there's also a certain rpm that it will sort of "throb" at around 2k if it's in neutral, almost like the flywheel is out of balance. I'm going to reserve judgement on that one until after I sort stuff out. I'll get the O2 sensor working but a lot of my vacuum lines are new--all the ones that were worn, at least. It's just that one PCV line that broke when the engine was being pulled.
        Alright, I'll see about replacing my PCV line then. The ends of mine are sort of crappy anyway. And yeah, O2 sensor fixed the biggest part of the idle. Then I replaced my MAF cuz I was getting a code and it was good for a while.

Comment

Good intake manifold gaskets fixed that as well as replaced PCV line.

Now my only complaint is that when it's around 1/4" warmed up, it idles kinda strange. It is similar to the way the car used to rock with the bad O2 sensor, but far far milder. Once fully warm, it's fine, and while cold, also fine. More likely just another small vac leak or a bad temp sensor?

Mileage is still only up to ~21.5mpg

Comment

Working...
          X