M50 RUNS!! Warm idle issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 RUNS!! Warm idle issue??

I got the car started last night, with open headers and no belt hooked up. Today I hooked everything else up, including a muffler. The only thing I do not have hooked up is the O2 sensor. Here is what happens:
    Car starts up great, idles 800ish, the idle slowly creeps up to around 1000, then after about 4-5 minutes it starts going from around 900 then up to 1600 over and over again. I cleaned the ICV before installing the engine, I also replaced the lines for it.
    -When I unplug the ICV the car does the same thing but at different rpm's and faster.
    -When I unplug the MAF the idle drops down and it runs rough
    -When I unplug the TPS it idles lower and rough

-I did remove the charcoal canister, actually the motor didnt come with one, and I plugged the nipple for it on the intake

-The car also has no AC.

The car runs really nice and smooth, its not missing or anything.

I went over the intake pretty close before installing the engine to make sure there werent any open ports that would cause a vacuum leak.

I am still not sure how to hook up the O2, which wires, but if my thinking is correct it would run worse when cold if that was the issue.

Thanks in advance..
    This is a pic when I first installed the engine, its a lot cleaner now !!
    Attached Files

anyone??

Comment

Get an O2 in, and make sure it is a tight seal in any exhaust joints before and after it.
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Yep, get all your known issues sorted out, then start tackling the stuff that remains. For what it's worth, my non vanos idles like crap, and I don't have an O2 in yet.

Comment

Can anyone telll me which wires to hook up on the O2? My original has 3 wires and the M50 harness has a 4 wire plug. Or should I get an E36 one?? I have searched for that answer and havent really found a definitive answer..

Comment

get the proper 02 for the ecu.... aka an e36 one

Comment

Got it and replaced the icv. Now the car idles awesome but when you rev it hangs for a few secs before dropping back to idle. Any suggestions on that?

Comment

Did you replace the ICV with a new one? or used one? If used, is it cleaned?
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I have 2 idle control valves, both clean, the car runs different with each one. I just looked up the part numbers and neither come up for my 93 325is motor. The first is for an e30 and the other pulls up for an e46. Is this what my issue is?

Comment

Working...
                  X