I do have some slipping problems with my clutch!
Any one that has been hearing something about that?
Have drove it 400km now. When I drive it is smooth. I can floor it in every gear with no slipping. But when I'm backing out of the garage and parking in parking lots I get that burned clutch smell.
It is also slipping when I want to make burnout in second gear.
StageII kit is for 403hp, my engine is stock 321hp. I'm way under there.
Makes me think of that maybe when I press the pedal to the floor, it don't free totally. So when I'm parking the clutch spins while I have the car in gear and clutch pedal to the floor. Making it go hot and smell! I rev a lot when I'm parking, loving the sound of the car so I'm doing it automatically.
I think I bled the system properly also.
Any ideas?
Gripforce clutch and flywheel kit. Yes or no?
Collapse
X
-
Hi!
Well, Gripforce it is! I ordered the StageII kit with lightweight flywheel, though it is not as light as I want but at least I get rid of the dual mass sh*t!
I can live with chatter, race cars DO chatter :D
Clutch is already in Germany and shall arrive to me next week already.Leave a comment:
-
Looking at the gripforce/F1 sachs kit on fleabay the pics don't show a sprung hub clutch they show an unsprung hub one.
So those that are running unsprung hub clutches and lightweght flywheels don't have problems with clutch chatter? I am about to pull the trigger on a sachs OE clutch here just wanted to see what others have experienced.Leave a comment:
-
I have a F1 6puck unsprung clutch , with the lightweight flywheel and when I do drive it on the street it is very streetable. My friend in his e36 m3 has the same set up, and he drove his for quite some time on the street. At $400 I can't complain, I'll buy that shit again.Leave a comment:
-
Well.. I used to Daily drive a ACT 6puck unspung clutch and i loved it. there are a few reasons why i went this way.
1. Track car only
2. FI in the future
3. I love the feel
thats really it. im mainly going to use the car to drift and take it to the drag strip every now and then.Leave a comment:
-
Flywheel/clutch chatter goes away when the car is off idle.Leave a comment:
-
RPM620: what persuaded you for such a setup? are you going FI?
i've always thought it was the TO.. it does chatter less and less as rpms climb. after 1500 you cant hear it partly because the intake/exhaust note just shadow it.Leave a comment:
-
i have the stage 3 or 4 w/e grip force clutch kit tthe 6puck unsprung... sadly my e30 S50 swap car is not finished.. so i will get back to this thread when its drivable.Leave a comment:
-
It must be the TO bearing. Does it chatter when you give it gas in neutral?Leave a comment:
-
+1, but i do have chatter or its the pilot bearings bc it goes away when the clutch pedal is pressed in. smooth as butter. been tracking it for two years. two cars ~ reused 3 times. good as new still.Leave a comment:
-
I'm using the F1/Sachs and love it. Very smooth. It's a sprung-hub clutch so there is no chatter.When dissamble my clutch on the S50 I found out that I def need a new, and that double mass flywheel made me sick!
I have thought about the JBR and CM kit from Bimmerworld at $1299, but I have also checked out the Gripforce kit at Ebay with billet steel flywheel and a clutch capable of more than 400hp. The price tag is way less than the JBR kit.
So, is this useless in any way?
Btw, I know there will be rattling from gearbox/clutch when swaping the doubble mass for a single mass flywheel.Leave a comment:
-
-
IMO use a Findaza flywheel @11lbs w/ a M5 sprung hub clutch, can hold good power and will have very little to no rattle. Should cost around 550-600Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: