Swapped car fuse number 9 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fuse runs the O2 heater relay.

If your O2 sensor wiring is either wrong or melted, there is a popped fuse, as well as what Matt pointed out.

Pull the O2 heater relay to start with.

Oh yeah, like I said, the most expensive and valuable automotive skill is electrical, bar none. Mastering diagrams is exactly why that is so tough.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

If your O2 sensor wiring is either wrong or melted, there is a popped fuse, as well as what Matt pointed out.

Oh yeah, like I said, the most expensive and valuable automotive skill is electrical, bar none. Mastering diagrams is exactly why that is so tough.
      I don't doubt it! These things look quite confusing to me. Appreciate the help everyone.

I assume this only pertains to the original (2.7 single) o2 sensor. Since I pulled that exhaust off that o2 sensor connector is currently hanging underneath the car. The m52 o2s (all 4) are all plugged in.

Looking up o2 heater relay now...
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

He's OBD2... the O2 sensors feed from somewhere (depending on his wiring) and get grounded by the ECU.

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        Looking up o2 heater relay now...
        You don't have one....

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          He's OBD2... the O2 sensors feed from somewhere (depending on his wiring) and get grounded by the ECU.

You don't have one....
          Thanks for saving me that trouble.

Seems obd1 people are saying pin 6 doesn't do anything...

Problem must be that pin 6 isn't getting grounded. Circuit failure due to the small green/white wire being cut?

Therefore... what now? As simple as grounding that wire? Or connecting it to whatever it's thicker green/white brother is connected to?
          Last edited by 87e30; 02-14-2010, 07:16 PM.
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
            Thanks for saving me that trouble.

Seems obd1 people are saying pin 6 doesn't do anything...

Problem must be that pin 6 isn't getting grounded. Circuit failure due to the small green/white wire being cut?

Therefore... what now? As simple as grounding that wire? Or connecting it to whatever it's thicker green/white brother is connected to?
            Wat?

The problem you're having is that that wire IS grounded. That's why your fuse is blowing. Too much current flow.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
              Wat?

The problem you're having is that that wire IS grounded. That's why your fuse is blowing. Too much current flow.
              But there are multiple wires... seems odd to me that one is connected somewhere and another isn't.
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Okay, so the thick green/white wire coming off of pin6 does not go to the x20. It's spliced into a longer wire that I have wired up to the starter as an unloader relay? To allow the windows etc to work. (per instructions)

"30h: the topmost connection of your starter is labeled 30h. This wire is the unloader circuits for your power windows, sunroof etc."

This is the wire that I have connected to the starter, which comes directly from pin 6.

Very confused now.

So the fuse is blowing because of that power, which makes sense. But why then do my power windows etc work and why is this hurting my fuel injection electronics?
                Last edited by 87e30; 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM.
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Perhaps pin 15 is supposed to go to the 30h port on the starter and the green/white pin 6 wire just needs to be snipped?
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

pin 6 on the c101 should not be used with the swap and should be left blank....proly why the fuse is blowing it that to much current is flowing through it and pooping the fuse....it is not the under load relay signal pin 15 on the c101&x20 (same location on each) is.

so unplug it and see if it stops pooping
                    looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                    email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by gregslow318i View Post
                      pin 6 on the c101 should not be used with the swap and should be left blank....proly why the fuse is blowing it that to much current is flowing through it and pooping the fuse....it is not the under load relay signal pin 15 on the c101&x20 (same location on each) is.

so unplug it and see if it stops pooping
                      Should I plug pin 15 into the unloader?

Should I expect this to fix any running issues with my car, or probably not?
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

^ yes pin 15 to the unloader relay.

(i just finished an obd2 s52 swap this week)

Comment

Alright, well pin 15 has now been connected to unloader relay

And pin 6 has now been snipped. (Both large and thinner green/white wires)

Fuse number 9 is now not popping.

Time to go drive the car. (I think the gas gauge isn't working though... seems like this would be unrelated, and yes it did work before... different cluster though)
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Charging battery now... :(

So excited to go try.

Edit:

I forgot to reset the codes and my parents were in a hurry to take me back to school so I drove the car w/o resetting the codes, therefore I have no idea if what I just did fixed anything...
                            Last edited by 87e30; 02-14-2010, 10:09 PM.
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

^ after checking my wiring diagram, pin 6 on the c101 was not connected to anything. so you should be on the right track now.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                                ^ after checking my wiring diagram, pin 6 on the c101 was not connected to anything. so you should be on the right track now.
                                Thanks for checking. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it all out next weekend. Crossing my fingers that I won't run into another problem...
                                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                X