who tracks their swapped car?.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30s50dan
    replied
    G22. Sowhats your specs!

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by g22
    I track mine at DE's all the time. M50 swap
    and uh...uh....and your op data?....

    Leave a comment:


  • g22
    replied
    I track mine at DE's all the time. M50 swap

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Didn't get any good lap times for the Glen as I recall. Did the CR school at Ofest. Turning 1:37s at Road Atlanta but I only have a stock Euro so that is a good 8 seconds off the fast CM guys. Decent lap time not great.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by gobuffs
    Oh yeah...and Watkins Glen.
    I appreciate the info.......and Ill ssume you are a hi level driver that has good speed....



    By making these assumptions I can avoid buying the baffle and save some cash...lol


    But if are a slow driver....your info is useless.


    whats a good lap for u at WGI?.......thatll help.

    You seem to have alot of experience....i wonder why some report op issues...and you dont?........internet can be so useless at times.....


    thanks so much

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Oh yeah...and Watkins Glen.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    I do a few auto X here and now. Each time i have gone I just fill it a 1/2 quart over like everyone else. I haven't had any problems yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    My car has been on Motorsport Ranch, Eagles Canyon, Texas World Spedway, Motorsport Ranch Houston, Hallett, Barber, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio. No issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by daleb
    gobuffs: which tracks do you race on? Are you right hand tracks or left hand tracks?

    I've been racing an M20 in the pacific NW for the last 9 years, long left sweepers when using the stock oil pan, no baffle, caused OP to drop into the 20psi range for a few seconds, then it would recover. I ran it like that for years.

    Others racing M20s in the Pacific NW would race for years at Pacific Raceways, Portland Intl Raceway, Spokane Race, Mission Raceway(BC), no trouble.

    One trip to Thunder Hill in CA, and the next race, their bottom end goes boom.
    As a group (ICSCC) we stopped racing Thunder Hill a few years ago.

    Pacific Raceways is left hand, Portland Intl Raceway is right hand, Thunder Hill is a little bit of everything.

    DE track runner here...and during the short lt hndr at lime rock I get to see 5-10lbs on the m20...

    so when you say 20lbs.....either that is wrong...or you are slower than you think!!!!...lol

    Leave a comment:


  • JRKOUPE
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    no issues with quart over.. baffle can't hurt can it ?
    you have a swapped car?........more secrets?.....

    Leave a comment:


  • daleb
    replied
    gobuffs: which tracks do you race on? Are you right hand tracks or left hand tracks?

    I've been racing an M20 in the pacific NW for the last 9 years, long left sweepers when using the stock oil pan, no baffle, caused OP to drop into the 20psi range for a few seconds, then it would recover. I ran it like that for years.

    Others racing M20s in the Pacific NW would race for years at Pacific Raceways, Portland Intl Raceway, Spokane Race, Mission Raceway(BC), no trouble.

    One trip to Thunder Hill in CA, and the next race, their bottom end goes boom.
    As a group (ICSCC) we stopped racing Thunder Hill a few years ago.

    Pacific Raceways is left hand, Portland Intl Raceway is right hand, Thunder Hill is a little bit of everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s50dan
    replied
    big believer of oil baffles too..have them on the 944 track car,now the oil light doesnt even flicker when making sharp left turns...will be on my 88' M50/M52 track car

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    On a Euro/S54 swap, does the oil pump gear get changed to the standard E36 pump gear? What about the oil pump chain?
    Chain stays, gear changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    no issues with quart over.. baffle can't hurt can it ?

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    Yes with no Oil Pressure gauge, just added a quart more oil for track days. Drained the oil out when I got home some days others I did not.
    Plenty of people do that, but I wonder about the negative effects of overfilling the crank case.

    Leave a comment:

Working...