Couple of obd1 m52 swap fuel injection questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of obd1 m52 swap fuel injection questions

Just making sure I tie some loose ends before I dig in this weekend.
    I'm doing a m52 swap with the obd1 harness and a red 413.
    I've got everything from the m52 ( sensors and harness). However the person I got the obd1 harness didn't want to give anything up from the motor. I know I can reuse coils. I got the obd1 Intake manifold , tbody, vanos valve , crank sensor , cam sensor and both knock sensors. The obd1 maf is the only thing up in the air. Will I be able to use the obd2 m52 maf with the 413 obd1 ECM?the plugs are definetly different.
    Another question that has been eating me up, if I use m52 injectors (21.5 lbs/hr), on a 413 m50 ECM ( 16lbs/hr I think ) shouldn't the ECM automatically shorten the duty cycle on it's own, once the o2 starts reading rich, without the need for a chip?

you need a obd1 maf, as for injecters you really should get a tune correctly set up for your car but it will run just not efficiently

Comment

Well i have a partially completed megasquirt that's going on it in the not soo distant future , so I'm just really interested in getting it running and sorted out, even if it's not fine tuned , rather than spend on a chip or maf that I won't be using anyway in a couple of months

Comment

bump????

Comment

it may work its self out a bit, since the combustion chamber is bigger than the computer thinks (causing lean with m50 inj) adding 21lbs injectors will probably over account for this. your fuel trims will shorten on time on its own but can only go so far. im not sure what the limitations are for the 413 ecu but it would deffinantly be intresting to see how they balance out.

keep in mind this is only an educated guess/theory so it may or may not work this way in actuality. keep us posted, im intrested in seeing how it turns out
          325es/24v's/20psi/meth injection/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for some responses.... I ended up finding a cheap obd1 maf anyways so .... Guess I'll see how it runs on the 16's first , then 21.5's

Comment

Working...
            X