Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car can i source 5 speed swap parts from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by browntown View Post
    Go to realoem and see if the part # changes from 88/89 to 90/91. That will tell you.

You sure you're up for the swap? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but the engine swap is probably more complicated then the pedals and it sounds like you're unsure about a lot of things. I would consider mapping out everything with research before you dive in. This stuff is pretty minor compared to the wiring nightmare ahead of you.
    its cool no offense taken.

im just really really careful and thorough with my parts collection whe doing these things. i never assume or take any one persons word for it. while i have been asking here i have also been reading and searching many forums and asking other buddies. i like to make sure i have all of my bases covered even if its to the point where i seem annoying with my questions.

i have never performed a auto to manual conversion but i have had my fair share of motor swaps in my old 95 e36 m3 turbo car where i have gone through 3 motors and 2 turbo setups and 2 complete rebuilds.

on a side note i did find out that since my car is an 89 non airbag car that i must source manual pedal assemby from a 89 and below non airbag car as the 90-91 airbag cars have a completely different pedal assembly and it will not even work attempting to swap pedal brackets.

Comment

one last thing, when performing a 24v swap with ZF transmission, do i use the ZF shift linkage or the e30 shift linkage?

Comment

Some say zf linkage while others say e30 linkage. Im in the same boat and I would like to know for sure before I start ordering the wrong parts
        ^M52B28^

Comment

Working...
        X