injectors
    brake booster from 944
    e34 oil pan
    e34 oil pump
    e34 oil pickup
    e36 motor mount arms
    e34 dipstick, tube and bracket
    s52 cams

I am also going from an auto 325is, so I will need a pedal box too. What else do I need?

e28 motor mounts (green ones), half inch spacers for the top of the motor mounts (or below them if you want to raise the motor half inch, it's what i did)

see http://e30performance.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=227

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Quite a bit of misinformation there, but it'll get you started.

Comment

Huge amount of thanks guys.
        Last edited by moh a; 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

You dont need the E34 pump...
          And your list is mad short...

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            You dont need the E34 pump...
            And your list is mad short...
            I was looking at that list and thinking fuck that looks way too short but my mind kept drawing blanks.

order new hoses/plugs/thermostat/ALUMINUM thermostat housing (emphasis on aluminum)/waterpump/waterpump o-ring (just incase the new one doesn't come with one)/oil pan gasket/valve cover gasket/wiring harness for both body side and motor side of the m52/oil/coolant/etc.. drawing blanks again.

Comment

Didn't see a driveshaft on your list, might as well get a new CSB and guibo for it as well.
              -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by cabin View Post
                Didn't see a driveshaft on your list, might as well get a new CSB and guibo for it as well.
                ^ he speaks the truth. and make sure you get the right driveshaft.

Comment

Cool... Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by moh a View Post
                    I am in position to have all of these soon:

60k M52 from '98 328i
                    80k ZF tranny from '98 328i
                    e34 harness
                    413 red label
                    HFM
                    crank sensor
                    cam sensor
                    ping sensors
                    obd1 mainfold
                    throttle body
                    fuel rail
                    injectors
                    brake booster from 944
                    e34 oil pan
                    e34 oil pump
                    e34 oil pickup
                    e36 motor mount arms
                    e34 dipstick, tube and bracket
                    s52 cams

I am also going from an auto 325is, so I will need a pedal box too. What else do I need?
                    driveshaft
                    obd1 coils
                    m50 valvecover
                    coolant sensor, or adapter from turner
                    there is more. Im getting close to finishing my swap and my initial list of parts has already doubled.

Comment

You don't need obd1 coils, and the adapter from turner doesn't work in an e30. It's meant for e36's going obd1.
                      And you'll need a chip for the 413 to take advantage of everything specially with the cam swap.

Comment

here is also some things i wish i had gotten done while the engine and trans were still out, some of which i have completed and some i still plan on doing:

-replacing the vanos seals-a very common thing to wear out, probably the most cost effective solution is the beisan seals kit http://www.beisansystems.com/products.html
                        -single mass flywheel/clutch kit-if youre replacing the clutch might as well do away with the stupid heavy dual mass setup
                        -zf trans repair to fix shift effort and gear sticking problems-also very common,heres a guide by peerless to take care of it-http://www.unofficialbmw.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=195809&sid=50c7faf8a38aee41d232f63 d6632317e
                        -front subframe reinforcement, not necessarily mandatory but some people report failures with higher torque engines-http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog/catalog.php?category=e30%20Chassis%20Reinforcement
                        -e36 steering rack swap-might as well while the engines out

and you also might as well install the front swaybar bracket reinforcements while the subframe is out, and notch the subframe for header clearance if you're going to use ebay headers: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...aceland&page=3

etc. etc. etc. etc.! theres always something more you will forget. and you now have a glimpse into my insanity from thinking about all the improvements my car "needs"

Comment

Also, you can use a crank sensor in the rear location at the back of the block instead of up front. An M44 VR crank sensor fits that back spot in place of the Hall sender that's there.

Or you can mount one up front..

Comment

Originally posted by UDelaware30 View Post

coolant sensor, or adapter from turner

? is this for all 24v swaps?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah you need to use the E30 one pole temp sensor or it won't show in the cluster.

Comment

Working...
                              X