custom exhaust work typical cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom exhaust work typical cost?

getting an estimate tomorrow to have an oem obd2 midsection fitted to my stromung cat back and supersprint header. how much should I expect for them to put on new flanges? don't want it permanently welded together

no more than 100 - 120

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
      no more than 100 - 120
      Im sure you can find a shop to do it for around 150 bucks but its gonna be well over 200 for a good job. Ehxaust shops usually charge about 15-20 bucks for one flange and 10 bucks for the gasket. So that's 100 bucks on the high side for parts alone. You still have to pay for labor and piping. Most shops use crush bends so you might want to ask for mandrel bent piping if it's availible and you don't mind dishing out more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
        no more than 100 - 120
        maybe for a single pipe, can't-break-it-down style exhaust, with a single muffler (rasp!) and crush bends.

if you want anything actually good, it's going to cost way more.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

For full exhaust it cost me $300.

Comment

Well then it looks like prices are far more competitive in SoCal :D :D

Comment

I paid 200 (which was a low estimate he stuck to) for an exhaust with out flanges and some simple hangers. He fitted and welded on a 328i exhaust header tube back.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

if the shop can't do mandrel bends, ask how much to make the turns out of sectioned U bends. that is the way we do it.
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yeah, no shop anywhere near here will do mandrel bends (we have crap for auto shops). I bought a box of them on ebay and whatever the guy didn't use, I traded for some of his labor.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                  X