Tubular Front Sub frame and Custom Pan for dual pump set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rpm620 View Post
    i would love to have a subframe to fit an E36 Pan.
    This would fit the e36 pan. Not sure if the e36 pan would still need to be clearanced on the back side though.
    Would be easy enough to test once this is mounted on a car with the S54 installed.

So once the reinforcing is done to the mounting are of the subframe will a stock anti-roll bar be able to fit on the front side of the subframe?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Does the tubular front sub frame weigh less then a standard sub frame. Do euro headers clear this sub frame. And with moving the sway bar to the front does this change effectiveness of the bar?

Comment

I am not sure about the standard sway bar, but the m3 bar bolts up with adjustable end links. I imagine the same would go for the regular e30.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
          Does the tubular front sub frame weigh less then a standard sub frame. Do euro headers clear this sub frame. And with moving the sway bar to the front does this change effectiveness of the bar?
          I have a feeling that this may weigh slightly more than the stock sub frame, I am willing to bet the euro headers would fit just fine based on where people have had to notch the stock sub frame, and I do not think moving the bar will effect anything. I believe the e36/46 cars have them in front.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
            the bar will work the same way mounted in the front. the tubing is .120 wall dom and with the reinforcing plates, etc. it weighs more. I will weigh them out when I do the next one.

Comment

Will you be willing to sell just the sub frame? Like the idea of the sway bar in the front, won't get in the way of the header. A E34 pan would still clear this?

Comment

Yes I am more than willing to sell just the subframes too.
                Last edited by TinyT; 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

The E34 pan will fit this sub frame with the sway bar in the back, but I do not think that the sway bar in the front. From what I remember the e34 pan sits pretty close to the steering rack and there is not much room in between.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Lag View Post
                    The E34 pan will fit this sub frame with the sway bar in the back, but I do not think that the sway bar in the front. From what I remember the e34 pan sits pretty close to the steering rack and there is not much room in between.

Sam
                    Ya after I posted that I thought of the front sump being in the way, for the front sway bar. Thinking about a S54 down the line and might want to pick one of these up.

Comment

Well we could put swaybar mounts on the front and back so you are future proofed, no big deal.

Sam

Comment

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in with a pic with the finished coated product. Can't wait to see how it looks on the car! :up:

Jake Rawson - Media blasting * Powder coating * Fabrication * Service * Repair

Comment

so what is the cost of having a subframe modified or purchasing just a subframe?

if we can run rear sump e36 pans on any of the m5x/s50-s52 i am more than willing to buy one.
                          My feedback:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                          @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

$450 if you send me yours. I will coat it and ship it back to you.

modified, and reinforced.

If you dont need it coated, $375

Comment

That looks like very nice work. The alu welding is impressive. Out of curiosity, what does the pan modification increase the oil capacity to?

Comment

thank you! I figured out how to weld the cast better as I went on so future pans will come out even better ;)

I will check with sam tomorrow on what the pan came out to as far as capacity. I believe he has the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X