No announcement yet.

Tubular Front Sub frame and Custom Pan for dual pump set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very interested in doing this with my M52 and stock E36 oil pan. Is that something you could do or just S54 stuff for now?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I dont see why not! can you get me some pictures of what exactly needs to be done and if you would want a sump put on someone to get some capacity back?

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
        I dont see why not! can you get me some pictures of what exactly needs to be done and if you would want a sump put on someone to get some capacity back?
        Ya same thing as your doing with the s54 sumps but with an e36 sump for my m52.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Tiny T those looks awesome! So this is a bolt in and the e34 dipstick and level sensor go right in ? What's this setup running $$$?

This could be the new way to do it.
          Originally posted by 325Projectz
          don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
          :nice:

Comment

You would want to use the dipstick that goes with the pan.

Comment

digging up old threads.

Any updates on these or another production run? Interested

Comment

Originally posted by kunt_masha View Post
                digging up old threads.

Any updates on these or another production run? Interested
                They are still doing them. I sent him my pan a few weeks ago.

Comment

Yes I still do these as well as 6 speed trans mounts. I will have a website up and running soon.

Comment

Some current pictures of the subframes. I will post pan pictures this week.

Comment

Man, I love your work Tyler.. The trans brace is great. Based on that, I bought another S54 pan so that I can do this engine swap right with your subframe/pan mod.. Good stuff.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it! I enjoy making these parts, but now I feel like I need to buy an e30 of my own and build a turbo s54 :)

Comment

subscribed
                          sigpic

Comment

Tyler is the best.. :)

Comment

Some pictures of the setup installed. The kit is built off of akg 24v swap mounts. These pictures have an e30 rack installed. I can make the subframes for the shorter mounts on the E36 racks as well though.

The drivers side sump modifications differ depending on the style of pan.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

I will do an oil pan or subframe independent of one another, so don't feel like you can only get these modifications done as a package.

For people that want to do a rear setup but don't want to go with the S54 dual pickup I can modify E36 pans as well. Adding capacity is more challenging so I just do a notch on these. It will drop the capacity a quart, but shouldn't pose any issues.

I am waiting on a mockup engine to finalize the modification to the oil pickup then these will be available.

Don't forget about the 6 speed trans mounts either!

Comment

Working...
                                X