Anybody miss their M20?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by briansjacobs
    people will do anything to win the DE!
    I have done the victory lap twice!

    Leave a comment:


  • briansjacobs
    replied
    people will do anything to win the DE!

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    ^^Good edit.
    Hehe, yeah. I feel like I've been coming off as a jerk so I am toning it down.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    ^^Good edit.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by briansjacobs
    if that were true Bilstein would never had made the PSS9 that are targeted to DE and autocrossers.
    Marketing. I'm sure the DE guys can buy a lot of stuff they don't need.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    Why?
    HPDE 1 driver A is on a stock suspension and decent tires.

    HPDE 1 driver B is on coils and R comps.

    Guarantee, all other things being equal, that by the time they both reach HPDE 4, driver A will be much, much faster than driver B. DEs are about learning how to drive smoothly, learning the line, and learning to manage weight transfer. Driver B will not get the the most out of the DEs if he is on a killer setup from day one, or DE 3.

    Originally posted by rThor432
    ^^I'm with Fred, why?

    And what credibility do I really stand to lose? I never claimed to know what I'm talking about.. (I would insert a smiley here to lighten the mood, but I can't)
    No worries, I was joking. I don't have a race license and have only progressed to DE 3, so my opinion is as good as yours.

    Leave a comment:


  • briansjacobs
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    You are losing credibilty faasssttttt :p

    No DE guy should have coil-overs. At that point they should be time trialing or competing for position.
    if that were true Bilstein would never had made the PSS9 that are targeted to DE and autocrossers.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    Why?
    ^^I'm with Fred, why?

    And what credibility do I really stand to lose? I never claimed to know what I'm talking about.. (I would insert a smiley here to lighten the mood, but I can't)

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    No DE guy should have coil-overs. At that point they should be time trialing or competing for position.
    Why?

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Sarcasm, right?


    Nah, I saw that part. DE drivers [here] are just as likely to have fully adjustable suspension as the racers, so I don't consider that a valid point.
    You are losing credibilty faasssttttt :p

    No DE guy should have coil-overs. At that point they should be time trialing or competing for position.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    As for the 911 thing, you know that a front or rear bias isn't the right way to do it. Just like air-cooled isn't the right way either.
    Sarcasm, right?

    Originally posted by markseven
    You missed the part about the coils. The bias can be dialed out on the scales, buy again, not optimal.
    Nah, I saw that part. DE drivers [here] are just as likely to have fully adjustable suspension as the racers, so I don't consider that a valid point.

    Leave a comment:


  • yobless
    replied
    Originally posted by ChaseN
    Oh shit, that changes things :p You'll appreciate this: http://terminallance.com/2010/08/06/...ependapotamus/

    (not saying that's your wife...but I'm sure you know that wife...)

    And STFU, Chair Force! :hitler:
    ROLF that website has me rollin'

    Lance Corporal is either a stepping stone or the beginning of futility in the Corps...I don't miss it for anything.

    Back on topic...I don't miss my M20 like I don't miss being a lance coolie.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    ^^Yes, absolutely. You are right-- just look at guys like Akard, Bassen, and many other BMW racers who drive their cars at the front of the pack consistently with heavy 24 valve sixes.
    You missed the part about the coils. The bias can be dialed out on the scales, buy again, not optimal.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by ChaseN
    And lets face it, weight balance isn't really as important as we all consider it - I think its more a BMW snob thing than anything else. Porsche has been winning races for years with a 35%/65% F/R balance...
    Balance is a "snob" thing? Surely you jest :D

    As for the 911 thing, you know that a front or rear bias isn't the right way to do it. Just like air-cooled isn't the right way either.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    ^^Yes, absolutely. You are right-- just look at guys like Akard, Bassen, and many other BMW racers who drive their cars at the front of the pack consistently with heavy 24 valve sixes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...