Anybody miss their M20?
Collapse
X
-
But to be honest, I'd rather drop a 24v in than spend money on the M20 - if it weren't an iX it'd be already swapped by now. Just waiting for the winter to be over so I can take it out of commission for a few months....:twisted:Leave a comment:
-
This, and I think it depends on if you need to maintain the better balanced chassis of an M20 car. As you are probably aware, the 24Vs sit a little bit further forward, a little higher, and are a little heavier than the M20. I haven't tracked my car since the swap, but I don't think there is much downside for a HPDE driver. For a time trialer there may be a problem, but in that case the car may be on coils...I would stick with an M20 stroker before an M50, however you need to get pretty extreme to compare with the S50.
I have M20 with diesel crank, JBR flywheel,10.5:1 compression, Schrick 288, billet rockers custom intake/exhaust and still not close to a stock S50 in power. I think I will kill an M50 and the job was easy as opposed to a total swap.Leave a comment:
-
-
I would stick with an M20 stroker before an M50, however you need to get pretty extreme to compare with the S50.
I have M20 with diesel crank, JBR flywheel,10.5:1 compression, Schrick 288, billet rockers custom intake/exhaust and still not close to a stock S50 in power. I think I will kill an M50 and the job was easy as opposed to a total swap.Leave a comment:
-
I really miss my s52 e30, that car was an absolute blast to drive each day, and reliable as hell! That begin said I miss my 325 e30 over my 635, simply because the MAF kit and exhaust made it a much "peppier" car then the shark. Luckily I will be boosting the m30 in my 6 soon, so it's all good. 8)
I never had respect for the m20 till I got my daily driver. They're decent motors, but m/s5X engines are still much better in every aspect. :pLeave a comment:
-
I currently have an M20 and an S52. With 86K total and LOTS of maintenance, the M20 is noisy, smelly, hard to start, and lacks grunt. Even through the engine runs strong to (many times daily) redline, the "rawness" factor so beloved by E30 fanatics is a big negative for me and my teenage kids. They definitely consider the E30 to be a POS, and the M20 charm is part of that.
In contrast, the S52 is quieter, smoother, starts easier, and pulls stronger.Leave a comment:
-
I drove mne from augusta, ga to chattanooga, tn. It took me 6 damn hours, mainly because i got stuck in atlanta, but also doing 60 mph because the car sounded like it's about to give out any second. But i gotta give it to the m20, she made it even with a fuel leak.Leave a comment:
-
i miss the sound of my m20!
however, the m50 is smoother and more torquey!
i forgive you, m50.Leave a comment:
-
-
Nope hated mine and every other m20. they sound like they're about to blow up when you drive them, especially with a 4.10Leave a comment:
-
That's only half of us. The other half work the flightline busting our asses to fix broke ass jets. Luckily we have no kids and she has an awesome ~14$/hr dental job about to start school for the same thing! But yes, I know plenty of those wives!Leave a comment:
-
Oh shit, that changes things :p You'll appreciate this: http://terminallance.com/2010/08/06/...ependapotamus/
(not saying that's your wife...but I'm sure you know that wife...)
And STFU, Chair Force! :hitler:Last edited by ChaseN; 01-20-2011, 10:25 PM.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: