Anybody miss their M20?
Collapse
X
-
One day I do believe I will have an S52 car and a balls to the wall no holds barred no budget completely built turbo M20 stroker. That one day though I'm sure is a LONG way away though. Frikkin E3 pay sucks.Leave a comment:
-
Two things my swap got rid of.
No, but a lot of them were not properly maintained. Really though I was just referring to my personal situation.There is no reason for an M20 to have those problems if it is being properly maintained.
Anyway, really what I miss is the soul of the M20. I think a built M20 car would be really enjoyable, even if it didn't have a whole lot of grunt. I would be willing to go back to an M20... in a different car.Leave a comment:
-
this....m20's suck
every time I wake up and start a swap car I think of
broken rockers
broken timing belt
over heating
oil leaks
broken timing belt again
blown/leaking head gaskets
oil return tube leaks
vacuum leaks
valve adjustments
vbelts
......nope dont miss it at allLeave a comment:
-
-
Too bad the m20 didn't come with a maf and a timing chain. That would be perfect.Leave a comment:
-
This is why I have a DD M20 car, boosted M20 car, and an S50 car. Haha, best of all worlds.Leave a comment:
-
the s52e30 was nice, smooth and daily driveable motor. If you want more power but still want itb's and solid lifters get a euro s50 motor or an s54. or s38 hehLeave a comment:
-
I had an m50 in my 318is, but I must say I enjoy the m20 more in my vert. It does feel smoother.Leave a comment:
-
I enjoyed the power of the s50, but the chipped eta is more enjoyable.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: