Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I used a Stock Brake booster with a m50 swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, with my S50 I sit normally at 3/4's but it's "normal" for the hotter thermostat from what I understand?
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I bought a stock e30 80*/88* thermostat for my m52 swap. This is the first I've read that 80* is too cool. Anybody having issues running that thermostat?

Comment

My gauge reads between 1/4 and half when i'm putting around town and right on the 1/2 mark when i'm highway driving or auto-x'ing which matches how my m42 ran when it was in there (not that that really matters). I pass emissions with flying colours and I get great heat as well. I have an 88* thermostat in my parts container that I've been curious to try though. I never had cooling issues, I just put that thermostat in with the motor from the get go. I'll throw the 88* in next week and see how it runs.

Comment

running a slotted firewall here. Fitment issues seem minimal
          I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by delt266 View Post
            I am a newb on this forum, but not to BMWs and I though I would share my experience. So after much debate about using a porsche 944 booster, an ix booster, or 320 booster, I said F it and used the stock 1988 brake booster in a m50 swap. All I had to do was grind the back 4 fins on the intake manifold and raise the engine about 1/2" on the drivers side. NO FITMENT ISSUES AT ALL.. Drive shaft sits straight.. everything looks and runs good. Is there some kind of potential problem that I missed that someone may have done in the past similar to my setup? I don't see anything so far.. Only thing I "had" to do was use electric fans, but I was gonna do that anyway. Any input from this community would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

What transmission and brace did the car have? I'm probably going to do the same thing but I'm still on the fence about weather to use the g260 or the g250 trans...

Comment

Working...
            X