Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 throttle cable help

Stripped this from my "build" post.

What are you guys doing with the e34 throttle cable? Are there different lengths? I am using one and have this issue. The distance between the bracket and the throttle arm is too far going through the bracket and grommet like it should. Its' about 1 1/2 inches too short. I removed the bracket but cannot flip it around due to the offset and vacuum line nipple. Any suggestions????? Do I need a certain model number? I already gave my e30 throttle cable away so that's not an option. Looks like I will have an issue when it comes time to hook the cruise cable up too....that cable bracket/housing is completely different. Any of you have pics of your setup?
    Thanks

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

I'm not totally happy with what I did, but I ditched the rubber grommet. The larger portion of the plastic barb fits "snuggly" in the carrier, but I didn't trust it enough to stand up to road vibrations and what not. It was snug enough to support exercising the cable however. I threw some zipties on and called it a day. No long term report yet. If I was going to do it better, I'd grab some washers or something.

1990 332is - work in progress.

Comment

I used the 318is and it works great. I do have a spare e34 if needed
      NASA
      BMWCCA member
      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
      1997 M3 sedan
      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

I got the throttle cable/bracket and cruise cable from an e36 at the local salvage yard for $5. Throttle and cruise now work perfectly.
        '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

e34 throttle cable bracket, and e34 throttle cable, i can get you pics of mine, worked fine

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
            I used the 318is and it works great. I do have a spare e34 if needed

used the 318is cable? which bracket did you use?
            I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I also used my stock 318is throttle cable

Comment

1, Shave 1/2 the thickness off the anchor end of the fat grommet .

2, The plastic part that passes through the grommet is used to adjust the slack.

3, adjust #2 until there is a little slack when the cable is hooked up and the TB linkage is at the closed position.

m

Comment

Working...
                X