about to pull the trigger on a Vibrant muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to pull the trigger on a Vibrant muffler

any pros or cons? I already have a 2.5 exhaust with cat from a previous install behind my old M20. Has a dynomax muffler on it that sounded great at idle but like ass midrange and beyond....I fully expect it would be worse on my S50 so the dynomax is getting cut off.

I know Corvallis loves his Vibrant..anyone else? Kinda limited to the 2.5 inlet and oval body.

Thanks
    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
    any pros or cons? I already have a 2.5 exhaust with cat from a previous install behind my old M20. Has a dynomax muffler on it that sounded great at idle but like ass midrange and beyond....I fully expect it would be worse on my S50 so the dynomax is getting cut off.

I know Corvallis loves his Vibrant..anyone else? Kinda limited to the 2.5 inlet and oval body.

Thanks
    I have a 2.5" vibrant setup and 12" resonator.....but it's not installed yet. I was talking with E30polak (Chris) and he said they sound amazing. Sorry I could not have any actual experience for you. It's gotta sound better than an S50 running open headers :D
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

I have a 3" vibrant resonator (not installed yet...) but I've herd them...they sound great and I have to say, I was impressed with the quality of the part I have for the price.

Comment

My friend John at horsepower freaks, gave me a tour of shop when I met him...

All the cars pushing 800-1200 HP have vibrant res'r, and mufflers...they sound bad ass :)

and I got them for my swap

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I have ebay headers with vibrant 18” resonator and vibrant muffler no cats 3” all the way out on my 98 M3 the car is definitely LOUD and sounds sooo good at WOT at a high RPM.
          1995 M3 built.. 644whp
          2003 e55
          1991 318is
          2001 911 Turbo

Comment

Just ordered Vibrant dual tip black muffler and resonator. Hope to get it on next week and will give my opinion.

complete setup will be:
            raceland headers into single 2.5 inch pipe
            high flow cat
            12" resonator
            vibrant muffler

Fingers crossed that its sounds good without rasp. I followed a fart can civic today, that has to be the most annoying exhaust ever.
            '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
              Just ordered Vibrant dual tip black muffler and resonator. Hope to get it on next week and will give my opinion.

complete setup will be:
              raceland headers into single 2.5 inch pipe
              high flow cat
              12" resonator
              vibrant muffler

Fingers crossed that its sounds good without rasp. I followed a fart can civic today, that has to be the most annoying exhaust ever.
              Exactly what I went with....mine is scheduled for install early next week. Post sound clips if you beat me :D

Comment

I got my vibrant stuff installed today. It sounds great!

Comment

I bought a vibrant and a borla muffler. Gonna get it tomorrow. I'll let you know :)

Comment

Ebay headers -> 2.5" y-pipe -> magnaflow cat -> Borla XR1 (2.5") -> vibrant (2.5")

One day I'll get some video with it under load.
                    -Josh

Check out my build thread...
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=131055

Need parts? Support the community!

http://www.gutenparts.com

http://www.blunttech.com

Comment

My first 3" set-up:

3" > Monstrous 26" Accelarator Muffler > 3" > 3" Vibrant Street Power Muffler

Exhaust components: 3" piping + 3" Vibrant high-flow cat + 24" Accelerator Truck Series Muffler + 3" Vibrant Street Power Muffler

Not as nice as my 2.5" set-up with the Borla Pro-XS in the middle and Vibrant at the end.

The Vibrant made the exhaust loud, but it's my favorite sounding muffler hands down!
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I like the sound in the video clip. Do they sell a much quieter version?

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                          The Vibrant made the exhaust loud, but it's my favorite sounding muffler hands down!
                          Thanks again for the referral Chris - I'm pretty happy with the setup. May even be a bit quiet for me :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Bakunin View Post
                            I like the sound in the video clip. Do they sell a much quieter version?
                            No, they do sell a "super quiet" resonator, which would work great along with their Street Power Muffler and a high flow Vibrant cat. :D

Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                              No, they do sell a "super quiet" resonator, which would work great along with their Street Power Muffler and a high flow Vibrant cat. :D

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...uiet-Resonator
                              I have these exactly, sitting in boxes.

ebay ss headers
                              flowmaster y pipe dual 2" > 2.5" single
                              vibrant high flow cat
                              vibrant ultra quiet resonator
                              vibrant street power muffler

I think the above video nudged me a bit. :o

KLJASDLKJFA;SKLDJF

I need to motivate myself to finish this swap.
                              2008 335i - n54b30
                              1991 318i - m52b28
                              1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Working...
                              X