Custom S50 exhaust installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    $1000 is actually a reasonable price for a well built custom exhaust. I know most here think a custom exhaust costs $100 but...
    My reaction was more so to the fact that I rarely see anyone on here get a quality exhaust that costs thousands of dollars, mine is pure shit and can't wait to have a decent amount of cash to build an exhaust like that.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

What kind of rear bumper is this looks damn good! Also your car looks very well sorted out.
      sigpic-Thanks warren

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
        Why no X pipe?
        The tuner that did the exhaust said he'd had more bad experiences with them on the straight 6, than with them. He's got the tuning and exhaust experience, so I'm not going to argue. But we'll see how the dyno goes after I break in the motor.

Originally posted by Jonny Cash
        The car looks great. Are those thr cab's, or something else
        Thanks! They are THR CABs. They were an unpainted run that they made a long time ago.

Originally posted by samiam3356
        When you drive it for a bit and the car warms up it will likely go away. I get this from time to time of the car sits a bit. Once it warms up and the car get in the upper RPMS it goes away.
        Those are exactly my symptoms. The noise is coming from cylinder 6 I believe. But it's a new, heavily built engine, so I'm not going to deal with it.

Originally posted by 10-66kruk
        What kind of rear bumper is this looks damn good! Also your car looks very well sorted out.
        It's the BMP RS rear bumper. Thanks for the compliment, it's been a 6 year project. Friday was the first time I've driven it (besides a quick test drive around the block) in 6 years.
        -Brandon
        '86 325es S50
        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

:up: :up: for the super clean engine bay!

Comment

Originally posted by e30gentry View Post
            Thanks! Reggie's Motorworks shaved the engine bay for me. They even re-ran wire harness through the fender.
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

There is a BMW Service Bulletin about the lifters BTW. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Originally posted by Roysneon
              $5 shipped?
              Originally posted by MarkD
              You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by e30gentry View Post
                so clean u can eat off it.
                [PAKSIW]
                20D .........
                vmwerks :up:
                ryan gmw :up:

Comment

How loud is it? does it drone at all? Is it raspy?

Really curious to hear how it sounds, because it looks top notch!
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Brandon,

Exhaust looks great. Looking forward to hearing some sound clips. Something different!

-Kev

Comment

6 years?!?!
                      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

No rasp at all, it's a very low rumble, fairly loud at idle. It doesn't sound like a typical BMW; it sounds more like my Jeep SRT8 with the Mopar exhaust. Drone-yes, it's definitely not quiet.

And yes, 6 years...
                        I work a lot, and then I moved out of state, and then I started the project over, etc. etc.
                        -Brandon
                        '86 325es S50
                        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

Yes, it would not sound like a BMW without an X or an H pipe. I wonder why your exhaust-person recommended against it.

Comment

which rear bumper bumper is that? and i hope my raceland one piece headers fit that good when i try to put them on. i heard you need swap bar spacers for mine. im bolting it up to stock e36 m3 exhaust then i'll custom anything after that doesnt work!

mtech 2 325ic
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
                            check out my donut vid
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                              Damn $1000? The 02 sensor should be reading the oxygen content in both pipes, not in just one fyi.
                              my stock e30 and my stock e36 m3 exhaust both have only 1 02 sensor spot. are you sure about this???

mtech 2 325ic
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
                              check out my donut vid
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

it's one place but it's basically in a factory X pipe so it reads both sides.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X