obd1 s52 starting problems, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obd1 s52 starting problems, help!

my obd1 s52 swapped e30 died suddenly at an intersection a couple weeks ago and hasnt started since.

it sort of starts. revs up to about 800 then dies. if you give it gas itl run for a few seconds, but it runs extremely rough and smells like its running heinously rich.

so far we replaced the fpr because we thought it was over fueling, then the cam position sensor, and crank position sensor because the cam sensor failed a resistance test and we thought the timing might have been off.

we have tried two ecus, one is know to be bad and im questioning whether the other one is bad as well. weve tried two mafs also, i dont know where to go from here

its killing me not being able to drive my car:(

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Check fuel pressure... It could be the fuel pump. Or check your vacuum lines for a simple cracked vacuum hose which can cause problems like this.

Comment

perhaps the maf?

Comment

vacuum leak? Check the pcv hoses and such for holes/disconnected

Comment

check for vacuum leaks or cracks in your intake boot
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

check crank sensor
            sigpic
            ^Back in the game^
            BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
            FS thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

ok ill get out and check for leaks. i dont think that should be an issue though, we used all new tubes and buttoned everything down well

Comment

Working...
              X