Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24v swap headers

what are the best options for headers on a 24v swap e30

Run open head, hella clearance and sounds amazing.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I like the fit of OBD II headers personally,(though they require a little welding/milling to run cleanly) many also like the racelands but my experiences with those have been hit or miss, some sets have bolted right up others have needed some coaxing.

Comment

Racelands are PITA. Ive used them on my last few customer cars and wont be again.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Racelands are PITA. Ive used them on my last few customer cars and wont be again.
          I would agree with Erik and Dave - I have the Raceland long tubes and it was a serious PIA to install. Glad they are on there now, but likely won't add that particular brand on my next build.
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

The Turner equal-length headers are where it's at.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

after some caressing, my m52 swap has OBX headers bolted up.
              FOR SALE: diamantschwarz metallic 1991 m52 e30
              silbergrau metallic 2004 330i ZHP

Comment

Seems to me the ONLY headers I dont hear someone complaining about, of having to "gently manuver" to get into place, are the Turner's. However they are hella.....(yup, said hella) expensive.

24V M50, M3 cams, Turner Tune, full exhaust, ect....

Comment

Do stock OBD I Vanos manifolds fit at all? I'm going to have a complete custom exhaust made, I'm just sketched on the manifolds themselves fitting or not.
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Yeah they do, but then you'll have to fab up downpipes that will mount up and attach to the mainfold.
                    Most aftermarket header set ups come all the way down under the car and end in 2 straight pipes.......which is easy to attach any type of custome exhaust to.

24V M50, M3 cams, Turner Tune, full exhaust, ect....

Comment

I'm using a stock OBDI centersection with the OBDII headers fits with a very minor dent needed to clear the subframe. ;) Much easier than the euro headers. :)

Comment

Well I also have the stock exhaust as far back as the Y pipe. I'm really just hoping to get the engine in the car and running before the end of summer.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Chespest Ebay headers.. 2.5yr, maybe 3. 5x engine install removals over 3 rebuilds. They are definetly rusting though under the thermal wrap. When i re-did the wrap, there were actually crusty pieces of metal falling. Work well, clear well, perform well... and now they look well too.
                          No more e30s for me.
                          88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                          88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                          91 BMW 325i [sold]
                          86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I found some supersprint long tube header reps on ebay for 100.00 that worked really well. The only thing I had to do was remove this aluminum piece on the aluminum engine arm and "massage" the firewall a bit. Other than that it cleared my sway bars and isn't hitting anything. I have Racing dynamic sway bars fyi.

Comment

i used the ebay headers.
                              sigpic
                              ^Back in the game^
                              BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                              FS thread:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Working...
                              X