Rad choices: M20 or M42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rad choices: M20 or M42?

I have an m20 rad on hand but also have access to an m42 rad. My swap will be into an early 318i so using the stock rad is out. It's my understanding that both are usable, I'm just wondering if it would be advisable for me to buy the used m42 rad or just use the m20 one I have on hand, assuming they are in same condition.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

My biggest factor in using the M42 radiator was because it had the on-board expansion tank, and I was trying to get as much out of my engine bay as possible for the shave.

It has plenty of cooling capacity for a 24V motor, and with 16" electric fan, you'll have plenty of airflow.

Comment

^ which means run the m42 rad. end thread :up:

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Hm. Ok, I'll talk to the guy about it tomorrow. I was hoping to save some scratch but do not want to have to do it twice. Finally really getting my shit together and getting back to this project.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
        X