ETM diagram question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETM diagram question

OK guys, I am trying to fully understand the ETM diagrams for a pal whose doing an S52 swap into a `91 318is.

I think I understand how to read the diagrams, but I flat out CANNOT find a few things for the C101 conector on the wedophones site. Speifically, #s 8, 9, 11 and 12. Am I really just overlooking these over and over again, or are these particular pins listed somewhere else other than the power distribution diagrams??

Thanks for the help!
    Originally posted by LJ851
    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
    #teamross
    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

There are some unused pins in the connector. What wires have you identified so far?

I suggest you read the ETM for the x20 on the s52 harness and figure out what is missing on the c101 that you need.

I'll be doing this for a '91 318 harness into an '89 325is soon and IIRC the 318 and 318is are identical.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

After scanning the ETM four times I agree with you, there are alot of c101 pins missing from the diagrams.

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      This diagram should be sufficient. I am wiring up my 318is tonight and this is the final config that I am going to use.

The wire colors were taken directly from the C101 and x20 connectors that I have. The E36 functions were derived from Mike B's diagram, which mirrored my own diagram at home (which I don't have handy right now). The E30 functions were derived from the ETM.

C101 Pin 8 (white) is the only wire I couldn't find the function to. The C101 wires labeled 325i are the ones that are the same colors as the late model 325i and were assumed to perform the same function. This was out of necessity, as the ETM for the 318is isn't that helpful, or at least the copy I had wasn't very helpful in that regard.
      Okay quoting that didn't paste the diagram here is the thread with a 318is diagram:

Pin ten is for the oil level sensor dynamic switch. (oil level sensor in check panel)

From what I can tell the late model c101's are the same for 325i's and 318i/is's just remember that you have to splice in power to pin 20 for the ABS to work.

I think the easiest way to get power to the ABS unit is to make a pigtail on the engine side plug between c101 pin 6 and c101 pin 20.

Last edited by Adrian_Visser; 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
        After scanning the ETM four times I agree with you, there are alot of c101 pins missing from the diagrams.

Okay quoting that didn't paste the diagram here is the thread with a 318is diagram:

Pin ten is for the oil level sensor dynamic switch. (oil level sensor in check panel)

From what I can tell the late model c101's are the same for 325i's and 318i/is's just remember that you have to splice in power to pin 20 for the ABS to work.

I think the easiest way to get power to the ABS unit is to make a pigtail on the engine side plug between c101 pin 6 and c101 pin 20.

‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
        #teamross
        Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

the 318is ETM's online are incomplete. They're missing about 40% of the pages.

but, the C101 wiring is basically the same as a '91 325i, it just doesn't have the oil level sensor.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Send me a PM. I can send you the wiring diagram for an OBD2 M52 into a 91 318is, which should be the same as your S52. EWS also included.
            M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
            Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
            M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

Working...
            X