Eisenmann Race?...Hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eisenmann Race?...Hmm

Just curious, anyone here running Eisenmann on their 24v swap? I know it's some serious cash, but the clips I've been seeing on YouTube are ridiculous. If I feel like pissing away a grand, I may just indulge for my S50.

Also, would adding headers be too much, or would it be best to leave the stock OBD1 manifolds on there? (Obvious answer for performance, but I don't want it to be overkill with the headers)

Last edited by Rsully70sev; 12-17-2011, 02:36 AM.

Had one on my E36 way back when, perfect sound imo. If you have the means I highly recccomend it.

Comment

Had one on a s52b32 m3. Most distinctive noisemaker trackside you can have bolted to your car. Makes a really nice sound, it's even better catless. Rings and rings and rings!!
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Wow. That's a terrific sound!

I like this as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRdF0NsdYUE
        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Bought one for my swap (not completed yet)

Sounds better catless? Not too raspy? Ive been trying to decide what other components to use

Agreed tho, tis best sound

Comment

Which one of those has the least amount of drone?

I love my remus but want something with a bit more bark!
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
              Which one of those has the least amount of drone?

I love my remus but want something with a bit more bark!
              dude..

E'man has def produced some serious sounds over the years w/ their set ups...but sheesh they are pricey.

For your track/street car Id do 2.5 inch single pipe...w/ a free flow cat( if you want a cat) and a nice brand name rear can,,,,,....youll save alot, for more track days, and she will bark plenty. Im happy w/ my set up.......

here is the set up w m20..but the s50 sounds almost identical...strange...oh, the s50 has oe ex mani's... single 2.5 pipes...MF free flow cat..borla turbo can.

Last edited by JRKOUPE; 12-20-2011, 02:52 PM.
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Sooooo, headers or would that be overkill? I'm thinking:

Headers(or at least OBD2 manifolds)--->Flange---> High flow cat--->Flange--->Eisenmann Race

(flanges so I can easily take out the cat and replace it with a straight pipe if I decide to switch it up.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                  Sooooo, headers or would that be overkill? I'm thinking:

Headers(or at least OBD2 manifolds)--->Flange---> High flow cat--->Flange--->Eisenmann Race

(flanges so I can easily take out the cat and replace it with a straight pipe if I decide to switch it up.)
                  headers are sexy...... always look great..add some sound but overall not that much, as it really depends on engine build/tune. Overall.....for a streetable car headers wont do that much.....for a track car screaming at 5500-7k rpm they do more...

for a nice easy install...do obd2 mani's...

Comment

Lives in California, think BAR so just OBD II manifolds are fine. California hates car.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Joel,

have you seen the deal that Levent is working on with Rogue? They're building a 24v exhaust setup... from headers all the way back.

I'm interested in the mid-section + catback because the e36 stuff hangs too low (thats what she said)... i just don't want ANY drone. the setup i have now is great in that regard but a bit too quiet. i want a little bit more grunt!

your setup might be a bit too aggressive for me... i gotta hear it in person!
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Eisenmann Race i know thats what I want on my e30 m3.I have a borla it sounds nice too.I had a stromung on my e36 was perfect on the s52.

Comment

Originally posted by cormier View Post
                          Bought one for my swap (not completed yet)

Sounds better catless? Not too raspy? Ive been trying to decide what other components to use

Agreed tho, tis best sound
                          I liked the sound of it more after I removed the factory cats. Mine was DTM tips (better for Laguna Seca sound trap 95 DB). Car passed sound there with aftermarket intake noise+catless mid pipe+ Eisenmann race.

The more I heard the sound the more I wanted to hit redline and hear it up top bouncing the limiter between shifts.
                          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                            headers are sexy...... always look great..add some sound but overall not that much, as it really depends on engine build/tune. Overall.....for a streetable car headers wont do that much.....for a track car screaming at 5500-7k rpm they do more...

for a nice easy install...do obd2 mani's...
                            I'm not looking too much into performance for them, more for looks and some sound. As you said, headers are sexy, the OBD1 mani's on there right now are pretty ugly. And the OBD2 headers are the same ugly, but more flow.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            Lives in California, think BAR so just OBD II manifolds are fine. California hates car.
                            The car has already been smogged and brought to a BAR referee, and I registered my car at my river house that's in a rural area, so they don't require smog every other year. I know California hates cars lol, but I won't need to smog it the rest of my life. (and yes, I plan on keeping this one that long) My only concern would be if I were to get my hood popped, but I'm not toooooo worried about that.

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                            Eisenmann Race i know thats what I want on my e30 m3.I have a borla it sounds nice too.I had a stromung on my e36 was perfect on the s52.
                            That was going to be my second choice if I didn't want to piss away money on an eisenmann, what are your feelings on a borla muffler?

Comment

you are on the verge of overthinking this....there are no black and white answers.

that borla on youtube is an XR1 sportsman....he gives the model no. I actually think it sounds fantastic....he is running headers and a single 2.5 set up....and a hi flow cat...
                              There are over 100 borlas to choose from.....maybe more..

if you pick a system to build youll never really know how it will sound if it is all custom, unless you copy one youve heard.........they all vary a bit.....cats vs no cats...headers vs no headers...etc etc.....

either pay big bucks for a pre built brand name set up( altho there really are none for a swap car)..or go custom and save some cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X