Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use a vacuum bleeder for cooling system and what electric fan to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use a vacuum bleeder for cooling system and what electric fan to use?

Hey guys - so all I have left to do is fully bleed the E30 swap I am doing and put an electric fan on it. I'd like the fan to be automatic because this car is being built for my mother and I do not want her to have to remember to hit a button/switch. I hate those silly rad probes, so what's the best way to wire it up? I am using an M42 radiator.

Further - has anyone ever used a vacuum bleeder? I purchased this:

Anxious to give it a try on a few cars I have.

Thanks,
    Jon

Use the stock temperature switch in the radiator to turn it on.

And as far as the bleeding goes, keep in mind you need an air compressor to use it.

Comment

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Thanks - I didn't see in there though what size fan fits. I can obviously measure but I've been getting home late and not feeling like it lol.

Comment

if youre mounting it to the ac condensor a 14 fits perfect, 16 requires some love to get in there.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            if youre mounting it to the ac condensor a 14 fits perfect, 16 requires some love to get in there.
            Do you guys run ok with a pusher? I was thinking of going with a 14" puller, but a pusher would be better because I don't have to worry about room limitations as much.

Comment

Do you have an e34?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I don't have a m50 but I think a turbo m30 would pull allot more heat and
                even a slim-line (low cfm) pusher is enough cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                  Do you have an e34?
                  Yes sir

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  I don't have a m50 but I think a turbo m30 would pull allot more heat and
                  even a slim-line (low cfm) pusher is enough cooling.
                  Sweet - I think I might order a SPAL puller tomorrow, 14" and put it on the backside of the rad. I think.

Comment

^mine is 16'' though.
                    Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      ^mine is 16'' though.
                      Just saying.
                      I've got an M42 rad. Not sure a 16" will fit behind.

Comment

Is the stock E30 aux/electric fan enough to cool? She's turning with the snow flake button - should I just rock that for the time being and assess the needs when it gets warmer out?

Comment

Snow flake is only low speed.

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            Snow flake is only low speed.
                            Rewire for high speed?

Comment

FWIW, I run the stock aux fan with the lower temp switch and m42 radiator and I have yet to see temps rise enough to warrant a bigger pusher-type fan. I'm not running the mechanical fan, either.

Chris
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X