Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

s50+zf tranny shifter linkage rebuild parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50+zf tranny shifter linkage rebuild parts...

I'll be dropping my s50 and zf tranny soon and wanted to rebuild my shifter linkage to get rid of extra play and slop. I cant find a diagram that shows the entire assembly and lists all the part numbers, rebuild kits that are 150-200 seem a bit pricey so i just want to replace a few parts to stay within the $50 range. Anyone know a website that shows the diagram with all part numbers or can recommend me what are the most critical parts to replace? Swap parts have 118k on them. Any help would be nice

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what you are looking for.

and check out some threads on shift linkage because some people prefer to use a combo of e30 linkace and e36 carriers, and visa versa. I'm using full zf carrier and linkage and its a little sloppy so im at the same point you are. Im thinking about going with a UUC DSSR, but its a little pricey.
    Last edited by SwiftE30; 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM.
    1989 E30 Zinnoberrot Vert 325i OBD1 S52 turbo;IP

Comment

Everyone forgets to replace the foam 'bushing' on the shift rod on the trans. dont forget that one.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftE30 View Post
        I'm pretty sure this is exactly what you are looking for.

and check out some threads on shift linkage because some people prefer to use a combo of e30 linkace and e36 carriers, and visa versa. I'm using full zf carrier and linkage and its a little sloppy so im at the same point you are. Im thinking about going with a UUC DSSR, but its a little pricey.
        Thanks man! exactly what i needed, i've seen this diagram several times in my search but never with the part that had the part numbers! You have an s52 turbo!! After i finish my swap we should come out to a weekly meet so i can get some inspiration by your car, i have a feeling a plain NA s50 will get boring fast haha.

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

Originally posted by AirplaneBuilder View Post
          Thanks man! exactly what i needed, i've seen this diagram several times in my search but never with the part that had the part numbers! You have an s52 turbo!! After i finish my swap we should come out to a weekly meet so i can get some inspiration by your car, i have a feeling a plain NA s50 will get boring fast haha.
          Yeah no problem man, i actually had to find the part numbers from this diagram and buy a few things like 4 days ago so nice timing.

And dang, didnt realize your just up in lynwood. We should definitely try and meet up and talk shop and show off our rides when i get back from school. As it sits right now, my car is still NA, but im working on getting my megasquirt system figured out right now so it'll be ready to go, shortly after i get back from school.

I was going to stay NA, but after mulling it over I simply realized a Forced Induction swapped e30 would just be the shit. So i went for it. I think you should do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            Everyone forgets to replace the foam 'bushing' on the shift rod on the trans. dont forget that one.
            I made a point to keep this part along with the clip that holds it to the transmission, but unfortunately my brother made his way into my shop and made it look like a tornado went through there and lost both. So i just ordered new ones.

Did you heat and bend your shift carrier to account for the 15 degree change on the m3 linkage? its kind of bugging me right now and would like to fix it. Its not liking 2nd... or 5th :(

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
              tru dat. it makes a difference.
              I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Bam http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=41971
                sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Working...
                X