Swap Booster Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap Booster Options

So there are a lot of different ways people do boosters, I was going to slot mine over, now that seems like a bad idea judging by what I read, what is all needed for the e32 735 booster swap?

booster with e34 525 master cylinder and remote reservoir according to what ive read.

im doing the 944 booster though, found one on ebay for 35 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
      im doing the 944 booster though, found one on ebay for 35 bucks
      944 is the way to go, IMO. Swaps directly on, use your same master and reservoir, all you have to do is slightly modify the pushrod.

Put an ad on Craigslist, asking for a Porsche 924 or 944 brake booster. You will get P-car guys hoarding parts that will throw them at you for dirt cheap, just to make a buck on the shit collecting dust in their garages. I put an ad up for mine, and in less than a week, got one for $30.

Comment

I prefer the E32 zer double chamber booster, it feels slightly better/sensitive than stock did.
        Originally posted by 325Projectz
        don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
        :nice:

Comment

e32 booster, swap in the e30 pushrod, e32 1" MC, and a remote res (from a 2002 works). agree it feels good

Comment

double booster

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
              944 is the way to go, IMO. Swaps directly on, use your same master and reservoir, all you have to do is slightly modify the pushrod.

Put an ad on Craigslist, asking for a Porsche 924 or 944 brake booster. You will get P-car guys hoarding parts that will throw them at you for dirt cheap, just to make a buck on the shit collecting dust in their garages. I put an ad up for mine, and in less than a week, got one for $30.
              Is there a guide out there on how to modify the pushrod?

I don't wanna mess it up haha that's my brakes that I'm playing with

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                Is there a guide out there on how to modify the pushrod?

I don't wanna mess it up haha that's my brakes that I'm playing with
                It's just too long, is all. You just need to measure the stock E30 pushrod, cut the one on the Porsche booster to the right length, and then with a die, cut new threads of the correct pitch onto the remaining un-threaded part of the rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                  I prefer the E32 zer double chamber booster, it feels slightly better/sensitive than stock did.
                  Originally posted by butters View Post
                  e32 booster, swap in the e30 pushrod, e32 1" MC, and a remote res (from a 2002 works). agree it feels good
                  Originally posted by 325e10 View Post
                  double booster
                  3 swap guys on R3V consecutively agree,

7 series boosters/masters are where it's at.
                  Originally posted by 325Projectz
                  don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                  :nice:

Comment

sory to ask on your thread put does anyone know if the ix booster need any modification to the pushrod? i have mine setup and it seems to fit onto the brake assembly just fine

Comment

Had the e21 and with bigger brakes (e36m) it doesn't seem quite adequate. I know there is reserve vacuum canisters out there but I question if they really work all that well on our application.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                      $5 shipped?
                      Originally posted by MarkD
                      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

On a different thought, I have the Massive booster delete on my car and
                        the feeling is great (e30 m3 brakes with stock e30 master). If you choose
                        your master correctly the brake pedal has a very nice feel to it. Also
                        you get a lot more space under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                          3 swap guys on R3V consecutively agree,

7 series boosters/masters are where it's at.
                          or e34 V8 ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Will any E32 booster work?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                              Will any E32 booster work?
                              Needs to be a double booster - believe they came out of the later 735i's. The early cars use a vacuum system from the power steering unit (which can also work but is more complex). When you pop the hood is pretty obvious as this latter system doesn't have a booster (just looks like a giant master bolted to the firewall).

And yes - this or IX booster (same thing basically) is the only way to go IMO. For the 735i - you need to use the pedal fork off of your stock booster to get the pedal height correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X