What's Your M50 or S50 E30 Mpg??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scottinAZ
    replied
    I average the following on my car, 1987 325IC, 1995 M50TU, 150k miles, ZF trans, 2.93 LSD.


    AC off, 25-27mpg, 60% highway
    AC on, 23-25mpg, 60% highway

    Leave a comment:


  • DisgustipatedAP1
    replied
    30-31 MPG on the highway, ZF320, S50 OBDI with exhaust + intake + tune, 2.93 final drive, 215/45/16 Federal 595 RS-R's.

    Leave a comment:


  • MMontero
    replied
    M50B25tu + 3.15 = 20 mpg highway , city 16mpg most of the time , city , @ 20Mph , 3000Rpm

    Is that wrong ?

    Leave a comment:


  • MaksV
    replied
    NV M50 + G260 + 3.73lsd = 26mpg on highway - most of the way @ 80mpg ~3500 rpm

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by drumad
    Is your econometer calibrated for the swap? I remember reading somewhere that the econometer is definitely incorrect for the 24v swap.
    I don't rely on the econometer. I say indicated because my speedo is off due to wheel diameter.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I'm getting about 18mpg with my S52. I haven't done a long trip in some time but my highway mileage doesn't seem to be that great either.

    Going to get the injectors flow matched and will replace my fuel filter.

    3.25LSD with a ZF320.

    Leave a comment:


  • drumad
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    With all new sensors, perfect compression, a 2.79 and a getrag 240, and light foot, I'm getting 31mpg at 70mph indicated, M50NV. No exaggeration. Though in city I'm getting ~20ish. I drive a bit more aggressively and I have a vacuum leak at the booster so my idle is not the best.
    Is your econometer calibrated for the swap? I remember reading somewhere that the econometer is definitely incorrect for the 24v swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • straight6pwr
    replied
    kept a close record the legitimate way (amount of gas in, mileage recorded) while on a 2500 mile road trip to see what was really going on (obc = liar)

    with my m50 + g260 + 3.25 i got 27.5mpg overall (90% hwy/10% city)
    this was an average of 8 tanks of gas (330miles per tank or so) with the best section being 29 mpg, worst was 24 (different drivers, different slope, etc)
    this is with 300lbs extra of gear + passenger + full tank at the start of every section

    by myself, half tank, empty car (normal DD conditions) would probably be 29mpg hwy

    Leave a comment:


  • duckBoy
    replied
    S50 3.23 Mainly city, i calculated 21mpg
    Last edited by duckBoy; 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nrubenstein
    replied
    In 50/50 mixed use, about 19.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jables
    replied
    M50NV, 3.73 rear end, G240, std. injectors, dodgy chinese spark plugs which are getting the fuck outta there asap, exhaust/custom extractors. 21mpg around town, 33.6mpg on the freeway (62mph). I have a bit of a lead foot around town since the swap is recent and feeling the torque makes me jizzle.

    Also.. How the fuck do you guys move at all with such tall gearing?! jesus!

    Should be noted that my fuel gauge is a bit retarded - the right half of the gauge goes down quite slowly, then the second half goes down like a missile (and this is taking into the account the different scaling of each half) - so my readings are probably a bit funky. And whenever the red light comes on I still have ~8 litres in the tank. Retarded.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    S50 w/Schrick cams, 540 AFM, TMS injectors & tune, headers averages 23 MPG but I do get on it from time to time. Mileage is 100k.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkorcherX
    replied
    M50NV, 2.93 in the rear with a G260. I get 24 around town if I keep my foot out of it. 19 if I keep my foot in it, and 30-32 on the freeway. 30 mpg if I'm cruising at 70 mph. If I slow down to like 65 or 55 I get even better.

    Leave a comment:


  • jrdeamicis
    replied
    Its a M50NV though.

    Last E30 was an S50, OBD1, 3.73, 6 speed, 2500#. I got 27 on the freeway.

    Leave a comment:


  • Docdrey
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    With all new sensors, perfect compression, a 2.79 and a getrag 240, and light foot, I'm getting 31mpg at 70mph indicated, M50NV. No exaggeration. Though in city I'm getting ~20ish. I drive a bit more aggressively and I have a vacuum leak at the booster so my idle is not the best.

    Oh wow. thats quite impressive!

    Leave a comment:

Working...