E34 oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 oil pan

I'm doing a 24v swap but I have an issue! I have a e34 oil pan going on into my non vanos engine but their is a small braket under the piston rods! If I remove the braket from underneath will I disturb the position of the piston rod? Can someone help me out?

Does the bracket look like this?

If so, that's the bracket that holds up the e36 oil pickup tube, and it's bolted to the main bearings I believe. If you're using the e34 oil pickup, which you would if you're using the e34 pan, I assume you just get rid of the bracket.

Comment

Assuming the motor is on a stand... turn the motor right-side up and bend that bracket back and forth until it comes off. I did not unbolt mine, I just tore it off.

Do not cut it off the shavings will get every where.

Comment

Also, if you unbolt it you technically are supposed to get new bolts for that main bearing as they are TTY

Comment

Originally posted by skorcherx View Post
          assuming the motor is on a stand... Turn the motor right-side up and bend that bracket back and forth until it comes off. I did not unbolt mine, i just tore it off.

Do not cut it off the shavings will get every where.
          +1

Comment

dont forget to get a new #12 in the picture

Comment

No point in breaking the bracket off, its super easy to just take the bolts out and replace them with new ones. Torque them to 20 Nm then another 50 degrees.
              S52 Swap

Shtuff For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by coreyw View Post
                No point in breaking the bracket off, its super easy to just take the bolts out and replace them with new ones. Torque them to 20 Nm then another 50 degrees.
                well the point in breaking is to not haveto buy new bolts, that's just more money spent on something that doens't need to be done. Just my opinion.

Comment

Yah, but I'd rather do it clean and spend the extra $10. To each his own.
                  S52 Swap

Shtuff For Sale

Comment

true, but no one will ever see it and you'll never notice it being there:)

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

what are the torque settings for part #13?
                        (oil pickup tube nuts)
                        Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Yeah, I just broke it off. Twice (two different motors). Also do something to secure your oil pump nut while you're down there.
                          1997 540i/6 - stock
                          1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                          1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                            what are the torque settings for part #13?
                            (oil pickup tube nuts)
                            89in/lbs
                            :borg:

Comment

Working...
                            X