24v motor arms not fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24v motor arms not fitting

I just installed my s52 and the drivers side is engine arm is about 5 cm too far to the drivers side.

Is this the wrong arm? It's off an s52 came out of an e36 m3

The passenger side is fine

Any advice?

are your mounts in the OUTER MOST set of holes (where the locator pin used to be with the M20 mounts?) if not, there is your issue. otherwise try turning them 180 degrees and see if that helps with the fitment issue.
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

loosen off the mount to get it started in the hole then it should drop on fine. As said above, make sure the stud is in the subframe slot, and that the alignment pin is in the subframe hole.

Comment

His car was originally a m10, would the holes in the subframe be any different?
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Oh I see, so basically use the two holes for the opposite purpose of what they were supposed to be? I dropped the studs through the normal mounting holes.

Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
          His car was originally a m10, would the holes in the subframe be any different?
          The part number for the m10 subframe is different from m42/m20. Maybe =[
          Last edited by pandaboo911; 07-21-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Im almost sure the mounting holes are the same... I did weld on reinforcements to my m10 subframe and the holes from the kit lined right up

Comment

So I rotated the mounts 180 degrees and put the studs through the holes where the alignment pins go. Didn't make any difference since the top stud is centered on the mount, so it ended up in the same position.
              I'm using e28 535i mounts.

I noticed the engine is leaning more to the passenger side, so I have to get the passenger side mount fully on before the driver side mount even touches to the top of the stud. Could that be the problem?

Also here's a pic for reference, this is with both mounts turned 180

The passenger side is lined up perfect with the stud, if I lower the engine more the arm almost hits the frame rail.
              Last edited by pandaboo911; 07-22-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

You're not hitting something on that side?

Comment

Originally posted by cormier View Post
                  You're not hitting something on that side?
                  This. You're hung up on something somewhere.

Comment

Hey fuck monkey. Your passenger's side motor mount arm is on upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                      ... no it's not

Comment

^You win.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                          How can it be upside down if the exhaust manifold heat shield is sitting on top of the arm, as it's supposed to be?

Comment

nope nope. redacted. NM. My b.

*slowly backs out of thread*

Comment

The motor swings around freely, and I don't see anything in the way. I think it's the angle of the engine, leaning too far to the exhaust side.

Comment

Working...
                              X