• Show
Clear All

Recent G-Tech Pro Run bone stock S50 Motor

0-60 with 17's DSM's Wheels

1/4
    14.46 secs

Traction issues, slipped a bit on 2nd

Comment

Just to add, I have raced an E46M3 on a highway, can keep up but no pass him, basically you won't get embarrassed. Last one I tried to hang with would not look at me when traffic got to a stop:)

Comment

holy 0-60ft time batman! 5.96?!?

traction issues is an understatement.

what is your driveline setup?
        91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by 325Projectz View Post
          holy 0-60ft time batman! 5.96?!?

traction issues is an understatement.

what is your driveline setup?
          0-60mph in 5.96 secs, not 60ft
          Using a 3.25LSD from an E28 and E36M3 ZF tranny

I took off at 3,000 rpm, and a little tire spin when shifted to 2nd

Comment

ahhh, not bad. what was your 0-60ft?
            91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by 325Projectz View Post
              ahhh, not bad. what was your 0-60ft?
              I'll see if it is still in the memory...

Comment

Tried G-Tech again last night...0-60 in 5.77 secs with 1/4 of 14.10:)

Comment

does it give you a trap speed?

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                    does it give you a trap speed?
                    So far, last 2 runs were somewhere between 96-98 mph

Comment

I may be headed to the dyno soon. And I do want to take mine to the strip sometime after I get the m20 flywheel in and fix the exhaust.

I used to run a 3.25 lsd with the getrag 260 trans and it was hard to catch on the highway. I had the advantage of shifting to 3rd even at 90. I was able to stay even with a e36m3 with that diff. Now i've got a 3.73 and the car feels more alive. It ran about even with a new Si that went 14.7s.

Ive got 93 m50tu, jim c chip, ebay headers, g260, s50 clutch, 3.73 gears.
                      Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
                        0-60mph in 5.96 secs, not 60ft
                        Using a 3.25LSD from an E28 and E36M3 ZF tranny

I took off at 3,000 rpm, and a little tire spin when shifted to 2nd
                        0-60 in practically 6 secs is horrible, stock e36 m3 runs it in like 5.6....haven't ran my swap at the track yet but i know it should be round 4.8-4.9
                        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                          0-60 in practically 6 secs is horrible, stock e36 m3 runs it in like 5.6....haven't ran my swap at the track yet but i know it should be round 4.8-4.9
                          I am running 18 x 9 in rears and 18 x 8 in fronts, you will find out that it is almsot impossible to attain these numbers because of the traction in 1st and 2nd, if you aggressively launch you will get wheel spin so it takles longer to reach 0-60 mph

Just by the HP and weight info it looks easy to get 5 secs 0-60. My best to date is a 5.77 with same set up which I did a few days ago.

Maybe has to to with suspension set-up, etc...am running H & R springs and that's it. The swap is bad-ass from 3rd gear and on.

Comment

well i'll take ur word for it, b/c u've done the trials...wut rpm is everyone launching at for best results? i normally launch at 2700...wut mods have u done? wut gear ratio and tranny r u running? i'm trying to compare to mine...i have an obd1 s52 w/ e36 ZF tranny, 3.25 lsd, 17x7 al around w/ 225/40/17, 24# inj., 3.5 HFM, TMS chip, custom cold air setup, asc and fan delete, 16" high cfm electirc fan, & full 3" exhaust from a turbo manifold back...i'm guessing i'm round 230-235 at the wheels but i'm not sure. i wanna do pullies, r they worth it? then cams eventually...
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Bing,

What tires are you running?

Comment

e30polak: are you running just the turbo exhuast or are you actually running a turbo?
                                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                                X