• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12's is a different ballgame..:)

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
      12's is a different ballgame..:)
      Eh...guys with stock e46 M3 with drag radials are pulling 12's.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
        For sure they are low. Bone stock E36 M3's have been known to hit 13.9 on street tires (I got a 14.2 stock with 2.1 60' in my M3 at 1000 feet). And considering S50 cars are quicker than E46 M3's, which run 13.2's, we should be able to hit high 12's.

I think some guys on here might be living in higher elevation areas affecting their times and, of course, most seem to be running puny tires.
        IF S50E30 cars are faster than E46 M3 (debatable for stock S50 depends on type of race aswell) then all that means is you will trap higher. The faster ET means the car the leaves the line better it does not correlate to the better performer on say the highway which trap speed indicates. The M3 has very good traction, the same cannot be said for an E30 so the logic behind a 12s ET is a bit flawed IMO.

An ALPINA B6S (3.5 M30 260hp 237lb-ft 2.79 LSD 2950lbs) was capable of a 14.4 @ 97

A Hartge H35 (3.5 M30 260hp 257lb-ft) was capable of 14.7 @ 9x

so an S50 should be capable of a mid to high 13 @ ~100mph with a few weight saving strategies, a few bolt ons, an appropriate LSD ratio and a good driver. But low to mid 14s is more realistic

There should be a list of documented runs showing the time sheet, mods, weight, tyres, track, conditions etc etc if there isn't already.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

So I put on used Motorsport 17" Double Spoke e36M3 rims on my car yesteday, and the acceleration is night and day vs. the 18's I had.

I hope to hit high 13's:) when I G-Tech it.

Comment

So the M50 cars are only pulling like 15's/high 14's? That sucks....

Comment

Originally posted by DREWHALL View Post
              So the M50 cars are only pulling like 15's/high 14's? That sucks....
              When in reality should be faster than an e30 m3 (or I would think with basic bolt ons that people normally do to the m50).... maybe it's the wrong gearing and or driver...
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

That's what I figured. I was thinking 14's fairly easy. I'm kind of about to do the swap, but if I find out I'm still only going to run 15's I'm gonna be pissed!

Comment

M20's usually dyno, what, 140-150rwhp? M50's are supposed to be around 160-170rwhp right? So.... Why does anyone expect it to drop seconds off the 1/4 time with only about 20whp? My eta's chip gave me about that much, I'm lucky if it dropped 2 tenths.

I know that's only peak numbers, and power band is more important (and m50's with the variable valve timing are very good at broadening the power band), but I think everyone is being a little too optimistic.

S50's put out about 200rwhp, and run about 1-1.5 seconds faster then a stock m20 (when put into an e30). So with less then half the hp increase (in the case of the m50), I'd expect less then half the gain: ~.4-.5 seconds faster in the 1/4. Nobody has consistent runs unless they are a GOOD drag racer (I doubt anyone here is), so take the numbers with a grain of salt... and you'll see there's no surprises here.

Even when I drag raced my eta (I just HAD to see what it could do...) My runs varied by over .5 seconds, from 16.3 to 16.9. It's hard not to launch an eta properly, wheel spin really doesn't happen. That goes to show, the same driver in the same car can be off by that much, imagine a different car with a different driver.
                  85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                  e30 restoration and V8 swap
                  24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Dudes, if you're planning on dropping in a m50 to help your 1/4mi times you're doing it wrong! The m50 is a better motor all around, but its no speed demon.
                    91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by 325Projectz View Post
                      Dudes, if you're planning on dropping in a m50 to help your 1/4mi times you're doing it wrong! The m50 is a better motor all around, but its no speed demon.
                      I agree, no speed demon.
                      But a hell of a good time, trust me!

Dont sweat it too much, you will enjoy the different style of power that the
                      M50 delivers, highway travel will never be so much fun.

May not be the quickest 1/4 mile swap, however the power is so usefull.
                      Torque down low, revs that pull hard create a very fun car to drive.
                      Power you can use when screaming up canyons in third!!

Obviously a S50/52 will be faster, however that may not be in your budget.
                      I know it wasnt in mine at the time, I opted for the M50 and it was a blast!

Comment

i'm wondering how my high comp m50 is going to due compared the the normal m50's and s50's..........this will be interesting.......got my top end gaskets today too......will make a thread about it at a later point.....
                        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I can understand what you guys are saying. I'm just looking for something kinda quick for not so much $$ I guess. I suppose I could always boost it later though...

Comment

Originally posted by DREWHALL View Post
                            I can understand what you guys are saying. I'm just looking for something kinda quick for not so much $$ I guess. I suppose I could always boost it later though...
                            True, that's why I chose the non vanos so I can easily get the AA s/c when time and funds allow. I also don't think any of these M50's run have been modded. I put the M3 peformance clutch and 11lb single mass fly over the 40lb dual mass on it and it revs really quick. Night and day over the old M20 I had. I think after I put the Schrick 252 on the intake and move my intake cam over to the exhaust side I will get another 20-30 more with the Turner chip. After that I plan on under drives and a better CAI that is blocked off from the rad. I think my 0-60 is around 6 now. I hope to have it down to 5 when done.

OT: got those headlights in yet?:D
                            Originally posted by 325Projectz
                            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                            :nice:

Comment

give me 3 weeks imma post my slips.........

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                                True, that's why I chose the non vanos so I can easily get the AA s/c when time and funds allow. I also don't think any of these M50's run have been modded. I put the M3 peformance clutch and 11lb single mass fly over the 40lb dual mass on it and it revs really quick. Night and day over the old M20 I had. I think after I put the Schrick 252 on the intake and move my intake cam over to the exhaust side I will get another 20-30 more with the Turner chip. After that I plan on under drives and a better CAI that is blocked off from the rad. I think my 0-60 is around 6 now. I hope to have it down to 5 when done.

OT: got those headlights in yet?:D
                                Which chip are you going to be running?
                                We're out there in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X