Any OBD2 s52 peeps with m50 manifold and m50 fuel rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any OBD2 s52 peeps with m50 manifold and m50 fuel rail

Hey I'm retaining OBD2 and doing the m50 manifold swap and using the m50 fuel rail because of its simplicity.
    the fuel injector plugs are now blocked but the little tabs on the m50 fuel rail so it can't be plugged in.
    do I just bend them out of the way? cut them off?
    Tabs circled in red below I believe they are for mounting the fuel rail cover

thanks
    -Craig
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

I run a different fuel rail made for the OBD2 harness on customer cars. And yes if you run the OBD1 fuel rail with OBD2 Harness you have to bend off those tabs thus no fuel rail cover :/

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        I run a different fuel rail made for the OBD2 harness on customer cars. And yes if you run the OBD1 fuel rail with OBD2 Harness you have to bend off those tabs thus no fuel rail cover :/
        What rail is it? Is the FPR mounted to it like an obd1 rail?

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Awesome, thanks for the insight :)

I don't really mind the missing beauty cover
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I've posted about this issue before, I believe in one of the relatively recent OBD-I vs. OBD-II threads. I don't remember in how much detail so here's the low down:

The trick is an early OBD-II fuel rail from either an E36 328 or an E39 528. It has the FPR on the rail and the mounting brackets do not interfere with harness or the cover. You will need the tabs for the fuel rail cover that come in an M50 manifold conversion kit. Credit goes to Dave for the knowledge that such a fuel rail exists. I got mine dirt cheap from someone parting a car on bimmerforums. Make sure you request a picture to verify what you're getting.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
            '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
            '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
            '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I'm trying to find the part number for the fuel rail you guys are talking about here...
              I'm confused about what these tabs are for in the first place. It looks like the tabs circled in OP's picture were to mount the OBD1 injector harness and the ones on the driver side are for the OBD1 plastic cover to mount to? Is that right?
              So if this picture below is the right one what is the extra set of tabs on the driver's side for? And I'm assuming it has no tabs on the passenger side so the OBD2 injector harness fits but it doesn't show passenger side tabs on any of these part diagrams...

Is the one below the right one? It is E39 528i up to sept '97. Part number 13531436468.

Here is an S52 one for reference:

And an S50 one:
              Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Its the 528 one. The S50 picture may look similar but its not at all. If you use it you have to bend the tabs that mount the fuel rail down/off to clear the injector harness on OBD2.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                  I've posted about this issue before, I believe in one of the relatively recent OBD-I vs. OBD-II threads. I don't remember in how much detail so here's the low down:

The trick is an early OBD-II fuel rail from either an E36 328 or an E39 528. It has the FPR on the rail and the mounting brackets do not interfere with harness or the cover. You will need the tabs for the fuel rail cover that come in an M50 manifold conversion kit. Credit goes to Dave for the knowledge that such a fuel rail exists. I got mine dirt cheap from someone parting a car on bimmerforums. Make sure you request a picture to verify what you're getting.
                  Sorry, know this thread is old, but what do you do about the FPR???

Comment

IIRC, I'm using the FPR from the 5 series as well on the rail, number 6 in the diagrams below, 3.5 bar. I am pretty sure the regulator is the same part number regardless, 13531729319.

I didn't get the lossless valve with my swap and honestly running it this way is super simple and looks clean with the beauty covers.
                    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by dwonda View Post
                      Sorry, know this thread is old, but what do you do about the FPR???
                      The FPR is integrated into the rail just like the OBD-I fuel rails.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Thread resurrection...

Will the car turn on without the FPR? I have an S52 OBD2 rail without an FPR on my e30. I am finding that the car does not start. Could this be because there is no FPR?

Comment

The OBDII s52 rail doesn't have a FPR mounted to the rail. It uses a remote FPR that is mounted under the frame rail.

Comment

Originally posted by cocofunk View Post
                            Thread resurrection...

Will the car turn on without the FPR? I have an S52 OBD2 rail without an FPR on my e30. I am finding that the car does not start. Could this be because there is no FPR?
                            No FPR, no flow restriction after the rail. No restriction, no fuel pressure.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Resurrecting again. Did a search on which rail for the s52 obd2 swap. Swap is in just need fpr. I ordered a e39 fuel rail above pn listed. It has the integrated fpr. I was going to pick up a new fpr since the rail is used. I’m getting different pn. The one listed for the rail is 13531436110 but there is another listed for the m52 from the e36 that mwishlist posted 13531729319 just need to make sure I snag the right one thanks
                              Last edited by johnwoo; 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X