Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to hotwire oil level light on check panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to hotwire oil level light on check panel?

As the title indicates, I want to hotwire the oil level indicator light in the check panel. I don't want to make it work, I just want it to go off.

Currently running with black tape over the flashing "Check" light, so that portion of the trouble is covered.

I am trained in the art of checking the oil level on the dipstick so would like to skip locating the e34 sender plug from a boneyard and running wires through the firewall.

Somebody out there must have done this. Anyone? Bueler?
    sigpic

Why don't u just hit the "check" button on the panel, turns off the blinking check light then just live with a solid light on the overhead? Or just pull the bulb out
    I have friends who are EOD bro.

That's awesome. I have friends who make coffee for a living, but you don't see me rocking out a bunch of lattes

Comment

THX, but looking for a solution just a touch more elegant than that.

Theoretically sending power to the correct pin and grounding the correct pin will solve. Hoping someone has done this to test. Otherwise I will and will write it up.
      sigpic

Comment

Why not just wire it properly? lol.
        Problem is pin 2 of C101 is expecting ground and Pin 10 is expecting some resistance to ground. Dunno what it is.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

run pin 2 to ground.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Pull pin 20 on the check panel (Pin 10 on C101) to ground via a 1k resistor. This should turn off the warning light. Pin 16 on the check panel (pin 2 on C101) doesn't matter but you can always ground this pin as well.
            90 E30 S50B30
            http://www.fquick.com/roadhazard/

Comment

Thanks all. I will file this info appropriately for the next M5x swap I do.
              Was looking to solve this before selling the car but it now has new owner who will hopefully find this info.
              sigpic

Comment

Yea it's super simple.

Green wire wht stripe
                Blue wire white strpe
                run ground from fused acc next to fusebox

attach said wires to the 3 prong multi plug on pan level sensor.

Not only will you solve the light, but the shit will ACTUALLY work the way it was designed.

OMGWTMINDFUCK
                Originally posted by 325Projectz
                don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                :nice:

Comment

Working...
                X