M20 pressure plate,M52 swap,failure

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SwiftE30
    replied
    I went with the Southbend stage III clutch and stock s52 flywheel. Couldn't be happier. definitely worth the $$

    Leave a comment:


  • !kid
    replied
    Originally posted by 328ijunkie
    Ive got 5+ events on my setup and it hasnt espolded yet but im assuming the day will come soon thus the ZF/S52 clutch setup i have waiting for me in the back of the shop lol.


    I am surprised its still together.



    Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak
    Im going with the stock clutch on my s52, lets see how long it last


    dont do it!



    Originally posted by cjdontthink
    ZF and original 24v setup for the win.



    Look into F1 racing clutches. Very affordable and they have great reviews. Some will say they are cheap Ebay shit, but I have heard from MANY people first hand with high HP setups that run them on the track and have no issues.



    After all the pressure plate I got from them for my s52 is made by sachs.


    thats funny it was made by sachs, i was looking at an exedy OEM replacment clutch kit,the clutch disc had sachs on it. the pressure plate was not the same though.




    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    Clutchmasters stage II clutch and pressure plate. Kept the M20 flywheel since I had it machined down.
    okay, I am going to call clutch masters tomorrow. hope they will sell me just a pressure plate.
    Last edited by !kid; 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • craiggroves91
    replied
    ZF and original 24v setup for the win.

    Look into F1 racing clutches. Very affordable and they have great reviews. Some will say they are cheap Ebay shit, but I have heard from MANY people first hand with high HP setups that run them on the track and have no issues.

    After all the pressure plate I got from them for my s52 is made by sachs.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    Im going with the stock clutch on my s52, lets see how long it last :(

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by !kid
    what did you replace it with?
    Clutchmasters stage II clutch and pressure plate. Kept the M20 flywheel since I had it machined down.

    Leave a comment:


  • 328ijunkie
    replied
    Ive got 5+ events on my setup and it hasnt espolded yet but im assuming the day will come soon thus the ZF/S52 clutch setup i have waiting for me in the back of the shop lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • !kid
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBMW
    on another note, how important is to have the spring that holds the fork against that pivot ball?
    its important.

    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    I had the same thing happen on my S50. Shit happens
    what did you replace it with?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer630
    replied
    I can't get my ebrake to do squat in my e30

    Leave a comment:


  • !kid
    replied
    Originally posted by Cronopoulos
    Clutch kicking is a crime! ;)
    I actually don't clutch kick much, I use the ebrake to start the drift than pedal to the metal!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cronopoulos
    replied
    Clutch kicking is a crime! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • !kid
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    I think it's probably the drifting, more than the motor, that caused that failure.
    I can agree with that a little. Drifting is harsh on a clutch. But it's obvious this clutch is weak behind an m/s5x engine. For street it might be ok, but if someone is going to the track, this set up (in my opinion) is not recommended.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    I had the same thing happen on my S50. Shit happens

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    I think it's probably the drifting, more than the motor, that caused that failure.

    Leave a comment:


  • DesertBMW
    replied
    on another note, how important is to have the spring that holds the fork against that pivot ball?

    as seen here:
    ttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/em2kid/e30/DSC04340.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Yup. I went with a Clutchmaster FX100.

    Leave a comment:

Working...