• Show
Clear All

• yahh
    replied
    Distribution block

Ground 1

Grounded ECU

Motor Mount Ground

Extra Plug coming from pins 10 and 2 on e30 side that becomes the regular 3 prong e36 plug.

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
    how are your crank position sensor and crankshaft position sensors? if they are bad, dme cuts the fuel and spark
    Never removed them from the motor when I pulled them and the motor ran before.

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Either put it in the brackets under the dash or touch it to any unpainted surface. The DME case must be grounded on an E36 harness or it will not ground the relays out.
    Grounded it and same thing through the slot on the side in a bolt and same thing.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by yahh View Post
    Adapter. How would I go about physically grounding the dme?
    Either put it in the brackets under the dash or touch it to any unpainted surface. The DME case must be grounded on an E36 harness or it will not ground the relays out.

Leave a comment:

• e30shmobberr
    replied
    how are your crank position sensor and crankshaft position sensors? if they are bad, dme cuts the fuel and spark

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Are you using an adapter or a modified harness? DME physically grounded?
    Adapter. How would I go about physically grounding the dme?

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    Bump.. Can't hear the fuel pump prime or the relay click. I have 3 grounds, i belive. Alternator, one on the engine mount, and 1 at teh battery tray (ecu I believe). Car cranks every time without a problem but there is now fuel. I've tried taking the line off to see if it will shoot out fuel without success. Does it have to have vacuum ( connected to the rail ) to pressurize and prime?
    Are you using an adapter or a modified harness? DME physically grounded?

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
    if it has the 6 bolt patter for the diff, it will not work.

Go get a e30 325e driveshaft (easiest to find IMO), it works with the swap
    I have a working driveshaft, thats not my problem. Car wont start.

Leave a comment:

• e30shmobberr
    replied
    Thanks guys. I have everything except the driveshaft. I was hoping i could use tge 95 one as I have an entire parts car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    if it has the 6 bolt patter for the diff, it will not work.

Go get a e30 325e driveshaft (easiest to find IMO), it works with the swap

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Bump.. Can't hear the fuel pump prime or the relay click. I have 3 grounds, i belive. Alternator, one on the engine mount, and 1 at teh battery tray (ecu I believe). Car cranks every time without a problem but there is now fuel. I've tried taking the line off to see if it will shoot out fuel without success. Does it have to have vacuum ( connected to the rail ) to pressurize and prime?

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    I'll go to the shop later and list my pin outs. I just did the exact same thing for my '86 eta.
    Thanks bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    I'll go to the shop later and list my pin outs. I just did the exact same thing for my '86 eta.

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Here's my pinout from the adapter i'm using compared to a chart I have that is supposed to work for a 86 325e/s

1 - 25 Good Alternator
    4 - 12 Good Coolant Temp
    5 - 23 Good Oil Pressure
    6 - 22 Not Connected Diag Power?
    7 - 21 Good Ignition Switch
    8 - 24 Not Connected Fuel Rate 8 Missing on e30 side, 24 on e36 side goes to A plug w/ 20
    9 - 20 Not Connected Engine Speed 9 Missing on e30 side, 20 goes w/ 24 to A plug
    10?? ???? 10 goes to a plug with 2 - Both e30 side
    11 - 19 Good Diag Connector
    12 - 8 Good Check Engine Light
    13 - 13 Good Fuel Pump Relay
    14 - 14 Not Connected Oil Level Fault Set 14 Missing on e30 side, unused e36 side
    15 - 15 Not Connected Starter Motor 15 Missing on e30 side, unused e36 side
    16 - 17 Not Connected Diag Connector Available on both sides, both unused
    18 - 18 Good Starter

Halp?

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    Hey guys, got the red label ecu today and I'm trying to start the car. I'm NOT getting fuel and I don't think I'm hearing the fuel pump either, but I'm used to the walboro whine in my eclipse. Where are all the ground points for this motor? What else could be the cause?

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    How is the e34 cable routed? Mine passes my throttle body by like 8" if it goes straight. I have the e34 cable part # 35411160609

Leave a comment:

• yahh
    replied
    I got one. That's why it took me that long to get the motor in haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X