No announcement yet.

Obd2 s52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No issues with the throttle cable. The worst part about using the ix booster is the way it clutters up the space around the master cylinder and it comes quite close to the manifold. I ended up trimming a couple fins on my intake to give some space.

1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Wow so much more clearance with the M50 manifold. I have OBD2 manifold and ribs trimmed off and the booster is still rubbing. Did you get a tune for the M50 manifold?

Looks like I need to save up and get that M50 manifold swap kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

It is tuned for the OBD1 manifold, I had the entire DME flash done by Markert with good results. I have yet to have the motor dyno'd and cannot compare it to an otherwise stock M3 as I have yet to drive one but it feels very powerful on the top end though somewhat lacking under 3500rpm.

I do plan on having it thrown on a dyno purely for seeing what my curve and AFR are like, but it is going to have to wait as I'm prepping for a head rebuild very soon. If you want any detail pictures of my setup while it's apart send me a PM and I can try to grab some shots of it. I do not often check the board lately and may miss a post in this thread.
        1990 332i, 4 door
        2008 KTM 990 Superduke
        2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
          it feels very powerful on the top end though somewhat lacking under 3500rpm.
          From what I understand, the M50 manifold will add a little HP and upper-end oomph at the sacrifice of a little torque and low-end oomph.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
            shit sorry, I didnt see your earlier post and barely caught this one.

I went with the tried and true method and installed an m50 manifold with m50 throttle body. The design is significantly different and it bolted up much easier, but I do remember having to trim the "bushing" that mounts the linkage to the throttle body bracket to allow me to adjust it correctly.

Still using the e34 throttle cable without issues.
            I am installing s52 (keeping it OBD2) with obd1 intake minifold. Did you hook up charcoal canister? I want to delete it but not sure what to do with vacuum hoses. Any help is appreciated.
            BTW, I had my ecu flashed by Dave as well, can't wait to drive my e30!
            "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Originally posted by drulle View Post
              I am installing s52 (keeping it OBD2) with obd1 intake minifold. Did you hook up charcoal canister? I want to delete it but not sure what to do with vacuum hoses. Any help is appreciated.

I kept mine and my car runs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drulle View Post
                You can keep it, or you can remove it. That is entirely up to your own discretion really. I kept the charcoal canister installed at the time but did not have the correct hoses to connect to the solenoid. I am planning to remove the can when i yank the head to clear up a little extra space. Go to any auto parts store and you should be able to buy an assorted pack of various size rubber vacuum caps for under $2. Use them to plug any open ports that you are removing an item from.

Originally posted by agent View Post
                From what I understand, the M50 manifold will add a little HP and upper-end oomph at the sacrifice of a little torque and low-end oomph.
                That's exactly what I had seen as well and the reason i wanted to try and keep the obd2 manifold at first. I've since learned to live with the high-rpm nature of the motor but I do like the idea of having more bottom end for cruising around.
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Comment

Great info here!
                  Right in the middle of s52 swap-OBD1 converted, with Dinan BBTB, do I still use the e34 throttle cable?
                  Thx in advance for any info

Comment

[quote=Varinn;4135867]You can keep it, or you can remove it. That is entirely up to your own discretion really. I kept the charcoal canister installed at the time but did not have the correct hoses to connect to the solenoid. I am planning to remove the can when i yank the head to clear up a little extra space. Go to any auto parts store and you should be able to buy an assorted pack of various size rubber vacuum caps for under $2. Use them to plug any open ports that you are removing an item from.

Thank you for replying. I will look more into this. Great info...
                    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Working...
                    X